What's new

Recommendation for Bath Oil / Salts?

Good afternoon, folks. My wife and I will be celebrating our 10-year anniversary later this month by staying at a luxury hotel with a top-notch spa. While my wife is going to the spa for a while, I thought I'd relax in the spacious bath in our room - something I rarely do anymore. The spa doesn't do men's shaves, although I've got a place in mind to do that before we arrive.

To that end, I wonder if any of you have any recommendations for a good bath oil or bath salts. I've seen bath oils from T&H, Penhaligon's (Blenheim Bouquet), TOBS (lavender or pine), and DR Harris (Arlington and lavender). I am very familiar with the fragrances from Penhaligon's, DR Harris, and the lavender from TOBS having used the shaving products from each over the years, but don't know anything about the others.

Have any of you tried these and, if so, do you have a favorite? Or perhaps a recommendation for another one that's not on this list? Would bath gels or body washes also work (I typically use Dial in the shower since it doesn't seem to dry out my skin)? Many thanks!

All the best,

AF

Thank you for the information! I will admit that I've never heard of Alvarez Gomez, but after reading about it, I am really intrigued. It also looks like they produce a "Barberia" shaving cream which looks good (several comparisons to AdP, which I love but can rarely afford).

As for the barber, there is a really nice barber shop in Atlanta that does high-quality shaves, mostly because the barber takes the time to look, feel, and talk about your face before shaving. I've had a few from him and never any complaints - unlike some others who just lather you up and get to work! However, a nice afternoon filled with Alvarez Gomez...or T&H...or Arlington might be the way to go. Thanks!

Top Bottom