What's new

Are you a "one razor guy"

From posts in various other threads I know there are more of you gents out there, so this is sort of a roll call. A "one razor guy" is defined as a gent who either has one razor that is used every shave or almost every shave or is still searching for that one "perfect" razor to serve that purpose. In other words, I see it as more of a mindset/personality type, so it includes both those who have already found their "the one" razor and those who aspire to find it. You can still be a "one razor guy" if you own multiple razors as long as just one gets used every/almost every shave (or you are still searching for the one). If you have no interest in ever settling on a single razor then you are a "many razors guy." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

My one razor is a DE, but I put this here instead of the DE section because maybe someone else's "one razor" is a straight, SE, or whatever.

My one razor is an ATT Kronos R1. When I first started DE shaving three months ago, I acquired three cheaper (but still nice) razors to dip my toes in and get a feel for what I liked. But I was a "one razor guy" from the beginning--knew that if I liked DE shaving I would want to find "my razor" for lifelong daily use and that I'd rather invest the same money in that one special razor than a rotation of several razors. Five weeks in, that goal was satisfied with the Kronos R1. It is "my razor," and I look forward to shaving with it every morning.

So who else out there is a one razor guy? Check in!

My "one razor" is a "whatever." :001_smile

As an unabashed SchickHead (and "Sissie") I use Schick injectors exclusively. I have 3 different models, and any one would be an idea "one razor" for me.

I enjoy the variety, although I've got 3-4 that are my usual rotation. I know my dad and my brothers only use the one.

I have only been DE shaving for just over 2 months. I started with a Black Beauty, and then found a Fatboy, and last weekend found a Slim Adjustable. I have been using the fatboy exclusively and have not tried the Slim (planning on giving it to my son as his first DE razor).

So... I think my one razor is the fatboy for now. If I have to travel, I will probably take the Black Beauty, which isn't practical because it's a long handle version lol.

The great majority of my recent shaves have been with the EJDE89. Every once in a while I will use something else. And, of course, I make an exception when travelling.

Definitely a 'one razor guy'. Have tried many vintage and new razors and nothing, I mean nothing is as perfect "for me" as my Merkur HD. Even the Other Merkur razors with the same head are not quite as good, but are better than the rest. I would love to have a 'gold finished' version of the Merkur HD and maybe a third (extra) one in any finish. Then I would probably stop rotating any other razors and be a Merkur HD guy with a rotation of those three Merkur HDs. Did I mention how much I like my Merkur HD?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I use Straights, SE, injectors and DEs. If I look at my Excel sheet, my Merkur 37c is in the front by far.

I started with a Super Speed as my only razor. Recently I purchased a Parker 26c. The Parker shaves closer while still being smooth, I haven't touched my Super Speed razor since. I like having a variety of soaps and aftershaves to choose from but in terms of the razor and blade I'm just going to go with whichever combo works the best. There are plenty of Razors I want to try but it will be in search of the "one" that I'll use exclusively.

Yup, one razor, my EJ89 DE. I've tried some others but they all got sold or PIFed. I may try a few more in the future, but it would only be to see if that's my one razor.

I don't have much gear. Two soaps, Proraso white and green, two blades, Astra SP and Feather, two aftershaves, Nivea and Dove. I have two Omega boar brushes but one is just for travel. I'll get some different soaps or creams now and then but in general all of my ADs have faded away now. I just want a great shave every day and it doesn't take much to get that.

Scott

After trying ~20 different razors, I consider myself a one razor guy, which is a pre-war Gillette Fat Handle Tech.

I have four other razors though -- a backup pre-war Tech just in case something happens to the one below, a Bakelite travel razor, and two family heirloom DE's. I track all of 'em on my Wiki page.

proxy.php

I'm a one razor guy, not so much by choice. I have a Razorock Mission, which is what I started with a few months back. I like it, but, would like to try others, but that money is needed elsewhere. Someday I'll expand my choices, but I'm happy with my Razorock.

I never thought it would come to this, but I am turning into a one razor guy. While I do occasionally pull out a different razor, my daily shave is with a long comb NEW. I can achieve consistent results with a two pass shave with touch-ups.

Use and own only one razor. When I resumed wet shaving last year (after ~35 years of electric) I bought a Feather AS-D2 and only Feather blades. The combination has resulted in near effortless, smooth shaves every time (bar a small handful of tiny nicks in a year) that I have zero interest in getting another DE (or for that matter, trying any blades other than the Feathers). (And for that matter, soap, where I started with buying just an MdC, and that is also so effortless, leaves the face feeling so good, and is made with just a small handful of simple ingredients, that I also have no interest in trying a different soap)...

Top Bottom