What's new

What a Dummy I Am!

Got up this morning and went about the morning shave. Thought to myself, "Wow, how smooth this is"! Figured that I must have done an exceptional preparation job and was reaping the benefits. My usual 24 hour beard is sort of sandy and white colored and doesn't show much until a second day's growth. That plus being nearsighted, I really didn't notice that the beard was still intact until toweling off.

Yesterday, as I took the new EJ DE89 apart to put a new blade in, I noticed how easy it would be to assemble the damn thing incorrectly. Well, sho enuf, I did and after today's boondoggle discovered the scalloped side of the base under instead of over. The dog wondered what my wife and I were laughing so hard at 4:30 in the morning! Please tell me that some one else has done this trick so I don't feel too stupid.

I may have to buy that Merkur 34c HD before I planned. You can't assemble a two piece incorrectly, can you?

Last edited:
I have read about that before. Seems some newer folk have spent several shaves assembled like that, wondering why people love DE.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Hey, at least you had zero irritation and got the benefit of enjoying a nice lather minus the stubble it sounds like a DFS...it wasn't a total loss! We need to laugh at ourselves once in a while. Thanks for sharing!

I did the same thing first time I used my Muhle R41. I was wondering why it was creating trenches in the lather but not doing anything... I had put the baseplate upside down. :laugh: A boondoggle, indeed my friend.

You may not realize it... but the dog was trying to tell you something all along...:nono:
No one ever listens to the dog.

This has happened a lot more than you would believe. However, in some cases the individual did not figure it out himself but only when posting on the forum.

At least you figured it out yourself.... Newbies often come on complaining about how lousy the shave is with their new razor, and we have to break it to them gently.

Top Bottom