What's new

Cut throat starter kits

Dear all,

does anyone one know of any good cut throat starter kits? I've always fancied owning one and giving cut throat razors a go.

+2 For Whipped Dog, the Sight Unseen razors are a breed apart, they may not ALWAYS be pretty but they are ALWAYS Shave ready for a great price. The finest thing is that the razor you get is also worked out prior to shipping and based on your communication with Larry. He will do everything in his power to provide you with what you are looking for as close as he can match it from his stock.

+3! Larry was very accommodating. Through email, we discussed my skill level. His Sight Unseen Straight was my first. He found a round point in a mid range hollow that he recommended as a decent starter. The razor is around 100 years old and in my limited experience Just What I Didn't Know I Wanted! Do yourself a favor and get a strop. I'm not sure if it's common practice, but he also included a Balsa ...thingie. Thin slab of wood with Grit on both sides. Not a hone, but everything I needed to maintain. I also hear his synthetic brushes are near equal to much more expensive units.

+4 for Larry the gentlemen knows his stuff as stated above he worked with me to pick a razor that was more suited to me. I have to say if you get nothing else from him get one of the synthetic brushes if you don't now you will kick yourself repetitively when you finally discover them

+5 for Larry. SPend a couple of extra dollars and get his rich man strop. My sight unseen razor was an unexpected square point. Never mind - I am used to it now.

Top Bottom