What's new

Mail Call - Shave Revolution Synthetic 24mm

Recieved largest mail call since I started wet shaving almost a year ago. Part of that mail call from shave revolution was their new synthetic brush. I had to use it this evening and this thing is outstanding. Extremely soft but with good backbone and the handle is very robust with the shave revolution logo on the bottom. I also love the travel container it came with. $image.jpg

Just got mine today. Going to try it tomorrow. It's tall! Long handle, high loft. There is a glue bump. Tried RazoRock Plissoft this week. Can't wait to compare.

Glue bump. I should also say it came with the shave revolution soap which makes it basically a $10 brush.

Good haul, nice stuff! I like your brush. Can some one please define the term "glue bump". It is the first I have heard the term used.

Good haul, nice stuff! I like your brush. Can some one please define the term "glue bump". It is the first I have heard the term used.

You have a glue bump when there is glue extending up beyond the top of the handle, into the bottom of the visible bristles. This effectively extends the height of the handle with regard to the loft. (Or, it effectively lowers the loft of the brush, because the loft is then measured from where the stiff glue bump ends to the top of the bristles, instead of being measured from the top of the handle to the tip of the bristles.)

You have a glue bump when there is glue extending up beyond the top of the handle, into the bottom of the visible bristles. This effectively extends the height of the handle with regard to the loft. (Or, it effectively lowers the loft of the brush, because the loft is then measured from where the stiff glue bump ends to the top of the bristles, instead of being measured from the top of the handle to the tip of the bristles.)

Correction: should have said that for practical purposes the the loft should be measured...my opinion, and I think most would probably agree. I should not have said that the loft is normally measured from where the glue bump ends when there is one.

Order placed for 24mm! Only 3 left in this size for now. ..
Thx Op, don't need to wait for Stirling with this baby hehe

I measure the 24mm's loft at approx. 58mm. It works fine but would have still been okay had they kept to the posted specs of 55, even with the glue bump. That's just me.

I picked up the 24mm as well and have to say that I like it. Have several plissons, omega, Edwin Jagger etc synthetics and think that these new synthetic knots (similar to plissons) are definitely competitive. Was hanging out for the striling brush, but got bored with waiting so picked up a 26mm synthetic from the PAA line called crown King. Pretty good, knot is nice, wood handle is alright. Think that the shave revolution brush is a better all round package. Nice handle

I picked up the 24mm as well and have to say that I like it. Have several plissons, omega, Edwin Jagger etc synthetics and think that these new synthetic knots (similar to plissons) are definitely competitive. Was hanging out for the striling brush, but got bored with waiting so picked up a 26mm synthetic from the PAA line called crown King. Pretty good, knot is nice, wood handle is alright. Think that the shave revolution brush is a better all round package. Nice handle

Got both of those myself. I pretty much can't decide which I prefer.

I received my Shave Revolution 24 mm synthetic brush Monday, so have had three shaves with it. Cliff Notes version - this is a terrific brush with a very nice knot and the superb handle patterned on the Simpson M7.

I have easily face lathered Mitchell's Wool Fat, Wet Shaving Products Rustic Tobacco and Mystic Water Marrakesh - three shave soaps with different lathering requirements.

The build quality is top rate with a polished solid resin handle, properly set knot that is similar to Plisson's synthetic knot. As mentioned there is a significant glue bump at the center of the knot that is not visible looking at the brush. Against the face the knot as soft as other quality synthetic brushes, perhaps with the exception of the Plisson.

Ordered on Friday, received in Boston Monday afternoon, shipping was super fast and box was well packed. For $30, this is a great value.

Got both of those myself. I pretty much can't decide which I prefer.

As far as I can tell Shave Revolution = Crown King = Plisson = Stirling as far as the actual knot goes. The only real questions are what size knot do you want (Plisson and Shave Revolution don't do the big knots), how much do you want to pay and what handle do you prefer. Using each, my preference is for a 24mm knot. I find the 26mm great, but a little big sometimes and the 22mm, although it works fine, it just feels small to me.

I just got my shave revolution 24mm brush in today and WOW. This thing is freaking amazing. It makes my L'occitane plisson look like an inferior product. The handle looks amazing, the knot is straight with a nice loft, it's soft and feels just as nice as the Plisson. My favorite feature about this brush is the handle. It's looks amazing. I can't wait to use this brush in the morning.

Also, the case it came with is really nice. The soap it came with seems nice too but I haven't used it yet.

So far I'm very happy
proxy.php

Last edited:
^nice pic! Mine is waiting for me at home when i finish work soon. The case put me over the edge to buy since i travel a fair amount, as well as the very comfortable looking handle! The soap is a nice bonus too, tobacco vanilla sounds like a nice scent. Wonder if people are receiving all different scents with this limited bonus. I know the website said scent of soap picked at random etc. Anyone receive a different scent?

^nice pic! Mine is waiting for me at home when i finish work soon. The case put me over the edge to buy since i travel a fair amount, as well as the very comfortable looking handle! The soap is a nice bonus too, tobacco vanilla sounds like a nice scent. Wonder if people are receiving all different scents with this limited bonus. I know the website said scent of soap picked at random etc. Anyone receive a different scent?

Yes I got The Connoisseur. Nice scent but have yet to try it. Might be a little light scented for me.

Top Bottom