What's new

Slim setting corresponding to a Red Tip?

Just got a slim. It's been thoroughly cleaned, sanitized and polished (by me) and ready to go. But, my daily driver is now a Red Tip and I just want to get in the general vicinity of aggressiveness for my first shave. So, is there a setting that corresponds to a Red Tip?

Alright, it's ready to rock and I'm about to shower and shave tonight. Running with a Nacet blade and setting it on 7 as per BSAGuy's recommendation. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

My Red Tip has a blade gap of .027in. On my Super Adjustable this is between 8(.025in) and 9(.028in). So, yea, probably between 8 and 9 on a Slim.

Greg W.

Shave 1 is finished. Setting 7. As usual with a new razor, a few weepers. In my usual spots when dealing with new equipment. One on the chin and a couple on the neck. In retrospect, I probably should have dialed it down to be more mild in the first shave. All the same, it was BBS and I'm having very good feelings about this razor!

A Red Tip should shave the same as a slim wide open ...That said, I prefer the slim to the red tip. You may come to prefer it too once you get used to it.

A Red Tip should shave the same as a slim wide open ...That said, I prefer the slim to the red tip. You may come to prefer it too once you get used to it.

Too true. I absolutely love my Red Tip (it's a keeper). But, there was a learning curve with it. I've found the same to be true with all of my more aggressive razors. Usually, it's about 3 shaves to dial it in. Unfortunately, I'm flying tomorrow so it'll be a few days before I get to revisit the slim. I'm looking forward to it based on today's results. I'm really enjoying buying and using vintage razors.

$20151005_192617.jpg

Here's my new slim. Other than the numbers being just a little faded, it's damn near perfect. No pitting or brassing anywhere.

Top Bottom