What's new

Crown Shaving co Supreme Glide Pre Shave

Tried searching. I couldnt find anything about this pre shave.
Has anyone tried it? Use it?

Currently I am using Jack Blacks MP10, and Beard lube

I've read a lot of good stuff about crown. Starting to run low on my Mp10 and figured I would give it a try.

I'm a huge Crown Shaving Co fan. Their pre-shave is part of my small pre-shave rotation (The Gentlemens Refinery and The Village Barber being the other two), last used just this morning.

This is stating the obvious but it's a gel, not an oil. Nevertheless, it provides an extra layer of slickness and protection. Smells great, works great.

I used to use a pre-shave only if I had skipped a day or two of shaving, but gradually I've come to use it pretty much every day. Can't say that pre-shaves alone have made a huge difference, but I'm a big believer in you can't over prep before a shave and you can't over condition afterwards.

Regarding CSC generally, their shaving cream and aftershave are at the top of my list, and Lord knows I've tried a bunch. My only knock on Crown Shaving Co is their cologne comes only in a tiny little travel size. It's probably my favorite cologne, but I wish they would sell it in a bigger bottle.

Last edited:
Crown gives you a lot for your money, compared to other pre-shave oils.
The pump bottle adds a great touch and makes it easy and convenient to use.
After I'm done with this bottle, I think I will look into making my own pre-shave oil using caster oil, EVOO, and essential oils.

Funny I've been using the Jack Black Beard Lube as a pre-shave. Works great. As does the Crown Supreme Glide, which I ran out of a while back and haven't gotten around to re-ordering due to gentlemanly restraint. I anticipate no issues using the two together.

Top Bottom