What's new

Wife dragging me along to ikea.ideas?

If I remember correctly, the Ikea near us had a drawer full of the missing parts that they typically short you on in the lobby. I like the 5 oz Pokal rocks glasses, you get six for $3 (only in stores) and the work well for spirits and cupping coffee samples with.

If you're anything like me, you don't mind embarrassing your wife a little bit in department stores. I usually will pick up the first paper yard stick I can find and then I'll measure random things in the store stating, "Honey! THIS WILL FIT!" We're talking bowls, plates, silverware, mirrors, rugs, etc.
Depending on my mood, I'll offer my interior decorating skills to others in the store with my wife within earshot. People love hearing the word "motif" and "flow."

Good luck and have fun!

I actually like Ikea.

Look at storage solutions, display cabinets, new desks, etc. If you like to cook, lots of fun stuff as well.

If anyone has missed it IKEA is a Swedish company. I am Swedish, I live in Sweden and i LOATHE IKEA. :a51:Even so sometimes I have to go there. I usually make sure that I go there a weekday about an hour before they close. I also make a list on where to find the things I am looking for. Since it usually is in the storage area close to the checkout I go in through the checkout, grab a trolley, push it in front of me like a shield, load up what I came for and make a rush back to the checkout like a human steamroller. Once I have loaded the car I sit in silence a couple of minutes to wait until my pulse returns to normal before turning om the ignition and start driving home with my loot.

I do always get the feeling of being a small furry animal trapped in a labyrinth when I am in one of those dreadful stores. Going there together with my loved ones? It probably won't happen again. It might end up in a divorce. By the way my seven year old son dislikes the place even more, but he likes his furniture that is bought there.

Last edited:
Polarbeard do you here the voices of your ancestor telling you to burn the place down ?

actually you are a small mammal trapped in a labyrinth they do all kinds of psychological stuff to get you to buy more stuff.

They study you to looking what you do how long you look at stuff its a very evil place.

One cut, you make some very fine suggestions and I do truly appreciate your advice. However......

Well, since I'm driving, and more importantly, my wife is trying to quit smoking and she has weird "you drank beer so I have to smoke" mindset..... that cuts out a LOT of the fun..... yes.. she is more important than a DWI... :001_smile

But since you mention it.. I might stop and have bite of Kaffee und Kuchen with George Takei... better than a whole dinner....:blink:

Seriously, I trying very hard to make this a low-budget, low-stress, zero-argument event. She has finally accepted the nicotine patch and has only been on it for 4 days.... every day at least 3 times a day she asks "can I smoke?"....... only 7.5 weeks to go.... :scared:

you are a better man than I how did it work out ?

Polarbeard do you here the voices of your ancestor telling you to burn the place down ?

actually you are a small mammal trapped in a labyrinth they do all kinds of psychological stuff to get you to buy more stuff.

They study you to looking what you do how long you look at stuff its a very evil place.
I've been a marketing and customer base analyst for more than two decades so I'm well aware of what I'm exposed to and what you write is true. It's devious and very effective and that is why I dislike it so much.

I was surprised to learn that they had IKEA's in the U.S. Certainly they don't have any in East Podunk Rust Belt. The only time I've even been in one was over in Ontario. It was neat store, decent lunch and cheap ice cream if you're on a budget. Way better than Walmart, which I refuse to purchase from for ethic considerations. I think the layout of an IKEA would be awful claustrophobic if you made repeat visits.

I've been a marketing and customer base analyst for more than two decades so I'm well aware of what I'm exposed to and what you write is true. It's devious and very effective and that is why I dislike it so much.

I would ask you not to destroy my illusions of what Sweden looks like.
$7154fc93ad.jpg

I think the layout of an IKEA would be awful claustrophobic if you made repeat visits.

Don't know about over your way but here there are several semi secret gaps in the rat run where you can disappear and appear in another section without all the rubbish in between! Bit like the tunnels in a game of Cluedo!

Gareth

If you are looking for bottles they have the old fashioned "Clamp Down Stopper top" bottles there, they would work great for a home made AS I think. I have a few that I use for my "Surgeon Generals Warning: May Cause Internal Bleeding!" home made hot sauce. If they can hold that stuff then a Home Made After Shave will not hurt them in the least:thumbup:

If anyone has missed it IKEA is a Swedish company. I am Swedish, I live in Sweden and i LOATHE IKEA. :a51:Even so sometimes I have to go there. I usually make sure that I go there a weekday about an hour before they close. I also make a list on where to find the things I am looking for. Since it usually is in the storage area close to the checkout I go in through the checkout, grab a trolley, push it in front of me like a shield, load up what I came for and make a rush back to the checkout like a human steamroller. Once I have loaded the car I sit in silence a couple of minutes to wait until my pulse returns to normal before turning om the ignition and start driving home with my loot.

I do always get the feeling of being a small furry animal trapped in a labyrinth when I am in one of those dreadful stores. Going there together with my loved ones? It probably won't happen again. It might end up in a divorce. By the way my seven year old son dislikes the place even more, but he likes his furniture that is bought there.

Reminds me of a Port visit in Australia where I found out what Real Australians REALLY think of Fosters..... LMAO They ship that grog over to the US for a reason LMAO

Top Bottom