What's new

Wife dragging me along to ikea.ideas?

So I am going to ikea since SWMBO wants to go this weekend...oh yay (sarcastic) anyway I have looked on the website and for bathroom supplies all I see are shower caddies and some towel racks. If any of you gents have been there recently and found anything for your dens do you mind passing along some info? Thanks in advance

Although I can't say I am a fan of perusing IKEA with the wife, always having lived in modest quarters IKEA is good stuff.

Eat a lot of Mexican food before you leave and let nature take it's course. Bonus points for blaming on her. She'll never ask you to give again.

Go to the "As-Is" section. They usually have them at the end of the warehouse somewhere. I saved a ton of money on a full PAX cabinet that I was building into a closet in the master bedroom. I found the one I wanted, had it on the cart thingy and decided to check out the as-is section and found one for 1/3 of the price because it had a deep scratch on the back of it. Yes, no chance on it being seen as it was the back of a built in closet cabinet.

Scored big points from the missus for that one.

Swedish girlies are nice to look at as well. Just don't let your wife catch you

In the kitchen section is the grundtal containers w/ magnetism.

I like the alex? drawer units, especially the tall thin one. Looks like it would be awesome for a shave den.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I hear IKEA sells rounds tins that are great for shaving soap. If you decant your aftershaves, you might find some cheap bottles.

$IMG_20151005_171447_hdr.jpg you could pick me up this while you are there.

So i have been here before with the miss and her grandparents and it was a NIGHTMARE our closest store is in Oakland CA so i would rather go down the street a bit and bet on the ponies at Golden Gate Fields but nope I get to look at mirrors, chairs, tables, lights, dressers, and the like...oh well, rant over. I will be looking for the flex mirror, metal rounds for soap and I am starting a batch of home made aftershave (hopefully it works and smells good) so I will look for a few different bottles to put it in. I will also be looking in the office section for my Fountain Pen storage any ideas for that crazy rabbit hole as well? Thanks all

Love the Fråck mirror. My kids are always saying eveything at Ikea is called Pfløøg or something like that.

They have some stainless steel serving bowls that are a good size and weight for lathering!

unfortunately at my ikea I have to walk the whole store to get there.. If you follow that line on the floor..

I do like the meatballs, didn't know I liked horse. :blush:

Grundtal containers, small stainless bowls, shave mirror and magnetic board to hang the containers. Others have used toothbrush holder for razors and they have a number of utilitarian shelve for you supplies.

I love going to Ikea. I'm single so no one drags me there. For me, no trip to Ikea is complete without an order of Swedish meatballs. I don't care what they're made of, they're good.

Top Bottom