What's new

Nathan Clark Custom v Savillle Row 3824

Hi Everyone. I need some advice. I have a Kent BK8 Silvertip in which the handle broke in a freak accident. I am thinking about getting it re-handled via Nathan Clark. Awesome communication with him. However I am also thinking about purchasing a Saville Row 3824 instead. The Kent was a gift from my dad though. So I am leaning that way due to sentimental reasons. Any advice on which Brush to get (to get done) would be appreciated. Thanks :thumbup1:

I would reset the knot using one of the artisans (Nathan Clark looks to be a good option), but set it at least 10mm deeper to increase the backbone to align better with my personal preferences.

I would re-set the knot in a very special handle and keep it more for special days as it seems to be something special from your dad.

Get the SR as your daily driver...

Others' preference for repairing the older brush notwithstanding, there are few brushes that match the all-around quality and versatility of the 3824, and the price makes it an outstanding value. I have a number of brushes, but the Savile Row stands alone.

DGI

I would get the Kent knot set into a new handle at a lower loft. Go with 54mm and you will have a brush with similar specs to the Savile Row. That way you get to keep the gifted brush and save some money.

Nathan does great work and he might even be able to salvage some of the handle. Someone broke their simpson and he reused the bottom of the brush.

Others' preference for repairing the older brush notwithstanding, there are few brushes that match the all-around quality and versatility of the 3824, and the price makes it an outstanding value. I have a number of brushes, but the Savile Row stands alone.

DGI

This is true, but get the Kent re-set first.

I don't know who any of these posters are or what the aliens have done to them. The obvious choice is - both:001_smile

Top Bottom