What's new

Safety razor reference resources

I've become very interested in the number of different DE razors and their history, but realise I know very little about them. Could people please recommend books or other reference sources where I could learn more?

Just talking to people here will help im sure but my dad has a book by Gillette pm me or him and we could help you with the name or a link for how to get the book :biggrin:

~corey

I use this site to get date code information

I also have a book by Phillip Krumholz called "the complete gillette collector's handbook" that is very useful, and can be purchased from the author on ebay most of the time

Also, www.mr-razor.com is a great photo reference in addition to the B&B wiki.

Well the boy tries anyway. The book I have is "The Complete Gillette Collectors Handbook", by Phillip L. Krumholz. It's a wonderful book if your looking into Gillettes.
You may also want to try the Wiki pages here on the forum as the fellows do a great job keeping as much info as they can.

What do you have in mind? Perhaps I or a number of others can help. Any pictures?

Well the boy tries anyway. The book I have is "The Complete Gillette Collectors Handbook", by Phillip L. Krumholz. It's a wonderful book if your looking into Gillettes.
You may also want to try the Wiki pages here on the forum as the fellows do a great job keeping as much info as they can.

What do you have in mind? Perhaps I or a number of others can help. Any pictures?

Well i gave him the link and the book is in there along with many others :biggrin:

Thanks for everyone's help.

No specific queries at the moment, just a very general interest, but thank you for the offer of assistance. The evolution of gillette razors is particularly interesting to me so the book you recommend might be just the thing.

I'm not sure why I'm so interested in these razors; there's just something beautiful about their simple, solid functionality.

Thanks for everyone's help.

No specific queries at the moment, just a very general interest, but thank you for the offer of assistance. The evolution of gillette razors is particularly interesting to me so the book you recommend might be just the thing.

I'm not sure why I'm so interested in these razors; there's just something beautiful about their simple, solid functionality.

You don't need to try to explain it to us... We have the same affliction. Enjoy it, I know I do! And always feel free to ask questions. We all do, and we are all happy to help with anything we can.

Can you buy razors from that site you mentioned? I cant seem to figure it out when im on there.

I did not link to any place to purchase razors, they are just references. Sorry for the confusion!

The only place I know that sells vintage razors besides auction sites and BST forums is Country Joes

Top Bottom