What's new

issue cleaning

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hello, purchased a ball end tech and travel tech and was looking at them... and noticed that the handle on the travel tech was a lot whiter in colour than the rest of the parts, shown here. I have tried scrubbing bubbles, boiling, baking soda with toothbrush... but for some reason the ball end and head of the travel still seem more yellow-ish than compared to the handle of the travel tech. I'm starting to wonder if the travel handle is made out of something else besides a nickel plate finish and that just how it naturally is... $IMG_0094.jpg$IMG_0096.jpg

Any ideas?

That is because the plating is wearing thin,and the brass is showing through what plating is left by the looks of it.

As far as I know the top caps of those are zamak. They are nickel plated and the nickel plating is more yellow / gold than the silver alu handle. I can see the contrast on mine, especially when I use a chrome plated handle with it.

I just acquired one of those little baby razors....great little shavers. I like how you can exchange the head and handle with other 3 pc Gillettes if you wanted to.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thank you everyone for the info, oh well, they are in good shape so I think I'll just live with them and not bother getting them replated or anything. There IS a fellow b&ber doing cerakoting that I sorta inquired about... but maybe another day.

Not the one pictured above.

Travel Tech came with Aluminum and Brass handles, the patterns on them are different.

Ahh ok. My mistake. I've only seen aluminum handles on those. And because of the non-aged look I assumed because that's how my aluminum ones look.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom