What's new

2015 World Series

What am I missing here,the Cardinals have the best record in baseball,the highest percentage,but they are not going to the World Series ?...... :blink:

Attachments

• $cards.jpg
    $cards.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 156
I'm confused... Where in the world did you hear SL didn't make the post season? Cards are absolutely in.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
What I think sucks is the three best record in the National League will whittle down to one before they see anyone else. Pirates/Cubs winner plays St. Louis.

It will be Cards v Royals for the big dance. Royals almost tasted sweet victory last year.

It's going to be a good playoffs, even without my G-men.

That graphic shows the three division winners (StL being one of them) listed from east to west and then the two wild card entries. I don't see any odds or anything indicating that they aren't the favorites.

I'm not that up on the rules, but here's a reason why they might not have the best odds to advance. I assume the top team in each league plays the wild card game winner. In the NL that means they are most likely playing the second best team (either the Bucs or the Cubs).

I'm confused... Where in the world did you hear SL didn't make the post season? Cards are absolutely in.
.....I was looking at the odds makers posts,glad the Cards are in for sure,they deserve a shot,what a great year they had...

.....I was looking at the odds makers posts,glad the Cards are in for sure,they deserve a shot,what a great year they had...

Incredible season! The glory is all theirs in the NL, for sure. Call me an optimist, but my hopes are for a Cards vs. Jays WS.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Having grown up in Northern Illinois...If the Cubs win the World Series, I'll be glad I reside in Middle Tennessee.

Chaos!

Incredible season! The glory is all theirs in the NL, for sure. Call me an optimist, but my hopes are for a Cards vs. Jays WS.

I picked the Jays/Rangers winner to get to the World Series, but that was because I thought the Jays were the best team. Now they're one game from elimination.

Having grown up in Northern Illinois...If the Cubs win the World Series, I'll be glad I reside in Middle Tennessee.

Chaos!

My best friend was a Cubs fan and didn't live to see anything but the 1984 NLDS loss to the Padres. If they make it to the series, I'll hope he gets it. You don't expect to win every year but when you haven't done it since 1908 the Wrigleys didn't do their job.

The Cards got a no hitter through 4 innings. I don't know how long it will last but good game.

The Astros / Royals game was very good

So... Chase Utley, anyone?

I'm a Giant's fan, and I hate the Dodgers. I know that Utley didn't intend to hurt him. That much is obvious.

That being said, he did end up taking out Tejada for the season. I know they shouldn't take that into account, since a different, illegal play could have resulted in no injury.

Utley was rolling into Tejada when he hit him. It seems more than likely that he lost control of his slide and ended up rolling, but that doesn't change the fact that he was rolling at the time.

I know this seems to be populated by National League fans but I have to throw a shout out to the Kansas City Royals. Their comeback at Houston yesterday was one for the ages. Five singles in the 8th to drive in the tying runs. I do not typically follow baseball but after the Chefs disastrous outings the last two years it is good to have something local making hay. Sporting K.C. futbol is doing well but in the other professional sports it had been decades since any of them did anything in a post season playoff. We get game 5 at home tomorrow. Go Royals.

(And yes, I realise the Royals went to the World Series last year)

I picked the Jays/Rangers winner to get to the World Series, but that was because I thought the Jays were the best team. Now they're one game from elimination.

I'm a few days late on responding to this, but so are the Rangers now. Can't wait for tomorrow! May the best team win.

Both AL series have been intense thus far. Love that both are going to see a game 5. That's some tight competition!

Last edited:
Top Bottom