What's new

Plissoft brush came in + a question

Just got my new Razorock Plissoft brush from IB. Looks great! Feels very soft. This is my first synthetic brush and I'm anticipating a bit of a learning curve with it. What I don't know is if there's anything I should be doing different as far as caring for this brush. Basically my routine with my badgers is to soak the brush in warm water prior to shave for about ten minutes. Post shave I rinse thoroughly with warm water and really run water down into the knot until clean. Then gently squeeze and shake, brush on dry cloth, hang in stand. Sometimes before bed I'll run a comb through hairs. Apply this same routine to synthetics? Thanks for your help.

There's no real need to soak a synthetic brush for more time than to just get it wet. For mine, I stick it in the water and wait until the bubbles stop coming out of the knot. Post shave, I do the same thing that you do.

I don't know that much about the soaking process, but if I recall correctly synthetics needs a little under a minute and they're good to go.
As for the caring, I think your routine minus the comb is sound.
Happy shaves with the plisson!

Synthetics don't absorb water in the way boars and badgers do so there is no need to soak the brush. Also, they dry much faster than other brushes.

I just got mine too and it is my first synthetic. I just washed the soap out and brushed a few times gently on a microfiber towel. Checked it a few hours later and it was dry. Appears ultra easy to care for. Seems like cheating!

As other said, no benefit to soaking.

I run mine under warm water for about 5 to 10 seconds, shake it out, and get busy lathering!

I've never combed my synthetic brushes. After running the under water to work out any leftover lather, I just wring, shake them out, and gently brush them on a dry towel. Synthetics dry in minutes rather than hours/days like a badger.

After rinsing and of my three brushes, I squeeze them dry inside my shave towel. Then they go into the the brush rack to air dry.

I dip my Plisson in the water, shake and use.
Then after, I rinse it out, shake and wipe it a couple of times on a towel. No soaking no drying. Brilliant.

As others said, you don't really need to soak a synthetic.

However you might want to add a cold water rinse to your natural hair brushes - it will close the hair cuticles - similar to the cold water splash on your skin at the end of the shave.

This is all you need to do. Just a brief dunk to moisten, then a good rinse after shaving. Hang to dry and repeat tomorrow.

There's no real need to soak a synthetic brush for more time than to just get it wet. For mine, I stick it in the water and wait until the bubbles stop coming out of the knot. Post shave, I do the same thing that you do.

Sounds great!! I got mine in a couple weeks ago but it's not my first synthetic.
Favorite part is you just get them wet and shake out whatever you don't need, load, and lather.
After just rinse well, shake, dry on towel and hang. Dries incredibly fast.
I use it all the time with my others and also great for travel.
Congrats on the score!!

Thanks. I'm loving it so far. And for $10 it's just incredible. Guess I just happened to be on the site at the right time.

Top Bottom