What's new

Souplex travel kit

I picked this up at an antique mall today, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I is made in England and appears to be a quality razor. It looks almost unused just a tiny bit of soap scum, but amazingly clean. I assume it will shave a lot like an OLD type Gillette, but am wondering if anyone has used one. The other 2 boxes are empty, I assume they were a toothbrush and soap stick. Any comments will be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• $DSCF8171.jpg
    $DSCF8171.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 67
  • $DSCF8172.jpg
    $DSCF8172.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 65
  • $DSCF8175.jpg
    $DSCF8175.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 69
  • $DSCF8177.jpg
    $DSCF8177.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 66
Nice set. The brush reminds me of a Culmak Spartan, but the ring on the bottom seems larger. Does it unscrew?

Cool set :)

I have one of those razors as well, but the top cap is curved - don't think it was supposed to be like that though. A very similar one (perhaps even the same, just rebranded) was branded under 'Big Ben'

Thanks for the replies.

I tried it out this morning for a head shave and cleanup around the winter beard, and it is a great shaver. I used a feather with a couple shaves on it. Very smooth and efficient. I got a great BBS with no issues, it is right up there with my favorite shavers. As my collection keeps growing it is getting harder and harder to choose which on to pick up.
:thumbup:

Top Bottom