What's new

Tacos

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Soft corn tortilla fried till golden brown, fill with shredded pork, black beans, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, pico, cheese and cilantro then folded over. I just ate three,ready for my siesta.r

Love tacos. Simple comfort food. I mix my own taco spice mix powder in a pint size container for plenty on hand.
But I can't find soft corn tortillas here, only the hard corn shells. All the tortillas are wheat that I've seen in our grocery stores.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll confess- I had tacos at 10AM today.

Attachments

• $0722151915a.jpg
    $0722151915a.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 92
Love tacos. Simple comfort food. I mix my own taco spice mix powder in a pint size container for plenty on hand.
But I can't find soft corn tortillas here, only the hard corn shells. All the tortillas are wheat that I've seen in our grocery stores.

It is pretty easy to make your own. A tortilla press and a bag of masa flour, and you will never want to eat a taco any other way.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Soft corn tortilla fried till golden brown, fill with shredded pork, black beans, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce, pico, cheese and cilantro then folded over. I just ate three,ready for my siesta.r

You should have waited one day, taken some pictures, then signed up and entered the "Mess Hall Group Cookout." The cookout starts tomorrow and runs all week till Sunday. Come and join us. The theme is Taco's.

Try the freezer section of your grocer. I get them here at the health food store i shop at, haven't bothered to look further.

... there's these guys in Toronto... http://www.latortilleria.ca/pages/locations

http://www.latortilleria.ca/pages/corn-tortillas

Yellow, white, blue, Nixtamel and Organic white, yellow or blue.
dave

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
You should have waited one day, taken some pictures, then signed up and entered the "Mess Hall Group Cookout." The cookout starts tomorrow and runs all week till Sunday. Come and join us. The theme is Taco's.

But today is national Taco day Aaron. He should have just taken pictures and submitted them tomorrow.

That reminds me...I need to make some tortillas.

It is pretty easy to make your own. A tortilla press and a bag of masa flour, and you will never want to eat a taco any other way.

I never bothered buying a tortilla press, I just use two sheets from the plastic bags from the produce section and press with a glass pie pan on the counter. You can often find the wet dough at a local Mexican Grocery if you don't want to mix your own.

Top Bottom