What's new

CF Lime

Got a pot of the much talked about CF Lime a few months ago and have been underwhelmed. Maybe due to so much hype, I expected more.

How do you guys that love this cream lather it??? I've been scooping out an almond sized amount and palm lathering with an Omega 48. Maybe I should try lathering like a croap-directly on the product???

Thoughts???

Beerman

Yes,by all means try lathering like a croapdirectly from the jar. When I scoop the cream to lather in a bowl,I use quite a bit more than just "an almond sized"amount. IMO, CF Lime is a top notch all around cream.One of the best

Craig

Yes,by all means try lathering like a croapdirectly from the jar. When I scoop the cream to lather in a bowl,I use quite a bit more than just "an almond sized"amount. IMO, CF Lime is a top notch all around cream.One of the best

Craig

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Don't get me wrong-I think it's a great cream. I expected to be blown away though. The same guy who I got the CF from, also threw in a sample of Xpec. I was blown away by the Xpec. If I had it to do over again, I'd have asked for full container of Xpec and a sample of the CF in the trade-not the other way around.

both castle forbes and xpec are top notch shave creams.
i pulled out the cf recently and had a great shave.
lathered in a scuttle, used probably too much cream.
gave it water little at a time, and spent an enjoyable minute lathering more on the face.
the protection and glide were excellent and the scent was noticeable but not overwhelming.

$castle forbes lime truefitt and hill kai penhaligon juniper sling october 1 2015.jpg

I load directly from the jar, like a soap. Then, I face lather. It's always great.

Definitely one of my favorites!

Lathering direct from the jar works for me. It's easy to get a great lather from this product, and the scent is heavenly.

That looks like a good shave, Murray. I like the Tanqueray part.

both castle forbes and xpec are top notch shave creams.
i pulled out the cf recently and had a great shave.
lathered in a scuttle, used probably too much cream.
gave it water little at a time, and spent an enjoyable minute lathering more on the face.
the protection and glide were excellent and the scent was noticeable but not overwhelming.

View attachment 605126

Well it is a great cream for sure.The scent of the lime however is not the best out there.It is good but theres something in it that makes it boring,if that makes sense.It also reminds me pepsi twist for some reason or coca cola with lemon.The price is high so there similar options in performance for less.I like it but i am not going to buy it again,at least the lime.

I have the jar sitting on the counter for when I finish the stick I am exclusively using. Can't wait for the end of the month!

When I tried it many months ago I was underwhelmed by scent and performance. The scent reminded me of pickled limes, rather than fresh ones. And I did not find it slick at all. In contrast, I recently got samples of the Xpec and I think that is definitely better. But it is also pricier.

Top Bottom