What's new

Useless 0,02cts of Euro thread ever. Tabac for straight shavers.

Dear moderators....sorry if I allow myself a brief incursion into the wrong forum area....:001_rolle

I just discovered Tabac....yes I know a bit late though N+1 threads have been posted on this subject. But more than for anything else, shaving requires direct experience to validate a soap a blade or an after-shave.

Why have I been traveling the planet to look for to soaps when this one is that close to me and that efficient...?

Newly born straight shavers, buy yourself a puck of Tabac (and a great strop) before starting to wonder about your razor, your technique or anything else. No stress ....this is the one (and to be honest a vintage AOS I adore as well) you need.

I loved it so much that I shaved my head as well though it was not needed...but I couldn't resist picking-up my Weber, my Chubby 2 and spoil tons of lather just for the fun of a ski slope before time..

Ok ok enough said ....I quit.

There is a doctor here haunting this place which will certainly laugh ...he has been telling me to do so since months....French - Italians are stubborn...but they surrender to common sense !

Ciao !

Densest, slickest, easiest, I've ever used. Fragrance is classic (though polarizing). My favorite. Used every Monday, just to ensure a good start to the week.

Glad you like it too.

I quite like the Tabac soap. I must admit though since moving to a sub tropical area, the scent doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to.

Tabac is #1. After I first tried it, I stopped buying anything else. As soon as I finish off my puck of Taylor's Sandalwood hard soap, I think I will be using it exclusively.

I have a Tabac stick and used Tabac soap only for a couple of years. But then I tried Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood shaving cream, and nowadays I almost only use it. Still tabac is lovely, and every now and then I switch back to it. However at the moment being I prefer the soft quick-to-whip-up fragrant sandalwood cream. That may be subject to change though.

I have Tabac. I use it and I like it just fine, but it is far from my favorite. Mango, you are in Italy, have you tried "Cella"? If I could only have one soap it would be Cella.

Cella was my first soap actually...but I turned it down since almond based (or almond like based) products irritate my skin ....excepted Panama 1924 ..another favorite in my rotation.

Mango, I just discovered Tabac too. A week ago on a trip to SO.CAL, I stopped by West Coast Shaving (very cool that they let you open and smell the products there) and picked me up a puck in the milk glass bowl. Just in time for TABACtober! I love the smell and the slickness of the lather, oh my. Its like Tabac was made just for straight shavers.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mango straight!

proxy.php

Your post just depresses me. I'm working to finish up my current soap. Tabac is on-deck to follow it up... I've not tried it yet (but I sniffed the package once it arrived).

I look forward to seeing if I can get past the scent for a great shave.

☝
Don't be !
My new philosophy with soaps is: a nice scent lasts few minutes an irritated face 2 days....,😀

I got my first stick of Tabac last night, and used it this morning. Loaded straight off the top of the stick, and got better lather than I expected, just judging what was on the brush. It gave me an awesome shave, and I like the scent more than I thought I would when I first smelled it. Polarizing is definitely the appropriate term.

[emoji121]
Don't be !
My new philosophy with soaps is: a nice scent lasts few minutes an irritated face 2 days....,[emoji3]

Very true.

The only time I have to disagree is with Arko, fantastic performer but it smells like an urinal. Won't use it despite the great performance.

Top Bottom