What's new

New (to me) brush!

Just got this in the mail today, and thought I'd show it off. It's a Rubberset 153, not an expensive brush I know, but it is my first butterscotch (Does it qualify as a butterscotch?), and I really like it. Pretty good condition, and it cleaned up nicely. I must find more! $butterscotch2.JPG$butterscotch3.JPG
Also got a nice deal on 9 Valet Auto-Strops and a Gillette Tech, but since this is the brush thread, I won't mention them.:001_rolle

Thanks! I wish I'd have taken some "before" photos, but was too anxious to get it cleaned up. I'm thinking I'll re-knot it, but haven't decided yet. If I do, I'll probably go with a bulb shaped badger knot, which I think I prefer. I like the way it looks now, with the fan knot in it, but that is the most course bristle I have found on a shaving brush - I'm assuming it's boar. I haven't tried raising a lather with it, but it's hard to imagine it would hold much lather. I've cleaned and soaked it, and it is still pretty stiff. Does anyone have any idea when this would have been made? My guess would be 30's or 40's, but that is a purely uneducated guess.

Top Bottom