What's new

New member here from Gulf Coast.

2 weeks ago I came back to blades after 40 years of electric shavers. Why I left blades I'll never know. Now I can't wait for tomorrow so I can shave again!!!

Started out with an inexpensive Shaveology Phantom kit. Now I'm searching for my daily shaver but I need something very special. The same razor my Dad used when I was a kid: the Nickel Toggle. He passed away recently and I found his old, worn down to an inch shaving brush. He used it as a young man and in Korea where he flew the Starfire. That day I shaved again with a DE for the first time since 1972 using his brush. Could not find his razor anywhere. We looked everywhere. So I guess I'm on a mission.

My biggest fear is that I'll find one, pay a hefty price from what I've been reading, and not like the shave.

Anyways glad to be here with you guys, I have a lot to learn.

btw tried my first Feather blade today. Awesome!!!!

Welcome! I hope your search ends well!

In the mean time you might want to try a Gillette Slim, it costs much less and is an adjustable razor as well. Or a vintage Super Speed like the Blue, Red, or Flare tip would be a great razor to brush up on your technique with while looking for a Toggle.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. I've learned that we don't mind paying for the really important things in life. Good luck on your search.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B goodfellow! Glad you delved back into wet shaving. A pleasurable ritual every man should enjoy. :thumbup1:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hello and welcome. I hope you find your Toggle, sometimes its worth it to pay a little more, if the result is a good memory of your father. It has value beyond just a razor.

Top Bottom