What's new

Who has the fewest wet shaving gear with many years into it?

Just wondering...is there anyone here with just one razor, one shaving brush, one soap or cream and has been wet shaving for years? Is this actually possible?

I shaved with a Mach3, a C&E pure badger brush and Williams Mug Soap for decades. Then I got sucked into the B&B vortex.

Actually when I was using cartridge razors I actually only has one type of razor I used one type of can goo I used and one type of aftershave now that I am into de shaving I agree with BSAGuy it's not possible and im ok with that:thumbup1:

Same as above... I shaved several years with a cart razor and a can of Barbasol Original. I like traditional wet shaving with a soap/cream, brush, and DE razor much better though! Now I have three of everything!

When DE was THE form of wet shaving before cartridges, it was normal to have only one of each unless you had extras for the road. Now you have to be an enthusiast or weirdo to use such retrograde shaving, so such restraint would be rare.

Well, I've been shaving with a DE since the '70's (was originally my Dad's 40's Super Speed), and bought a Schick Injector to take to the field as sort of a travel razor. So until a year or two ago when B&B convinced me to try some other vintage razors I only had the two razors.

Maybe I don't count as I don't own even one brush, I've always used the "canned goo" (gasp), so the neo-traditionalists :laugh: will tell me I'm not a real wet shaver, even though I've always used a safety razor and never bought a cartridge in my life.

Now, besides my original two, I have a LC and a SC NEW, and Old Type, and a Krona, and got over my RAD several months ago as I found, despite their different personalities (personas, or is that personnas, or should I just say pretty faces?) they all shave great.

I bought a brush at Floris in London in 1970; I still use it every shave, since I had it rebadgered by Larry at Whipped Dog last year. I use a Fatboy identical to the first razor I ever used, in 1960. I would be happy with Gillette Silver Blue blades forever. However, I have 30 +/- soaps and creams, so it doesn't count.

I'm about seven years into wet shaving. I've bought and sold a number of razors over the years, but I currently own one DE (which belonged to my grandfather), one SE, one straight, two brushes, and one mug (which belonged to my other grandfather). When I see some of the pictures I see on here, I feel like a monk.

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.

I have one razor which is my own. And, four others which are heirlooms: Two from dad and one from each grandfather. But they do not get used on a daily basis.

I used one brush for about thirty years, which I did recently replace at the end of 2013. I kept the old one as a backup. And, I have the one mom gave dad for Christmas in 1948.

I do use two soaps, one veg, one tallow, mixed. One small puck (1/3 of an Old Spice mug) of the tallow lasts 2.5 years. One large puck (full OS mug) lasts seven years. Shaving daily. I face lather, so I don't wind up with gobs of leftover lather.

I have been at this 39 years, since 1976. So, I used that 1948 brush from 76 to 84 when I bought that new (now old) one. ;)

I did get some other razors in 2011, which became more still when I found B+B. But, I passed them all on in early 2014. So, back to my one I use daily and the few others I can never part with.

There is no way I could ever have the collections of stuff I see. Shaving to me is really a daily chore and could never be the major hobby it is for some.

Stan

A few months ago, I would have said that I'm a minimalist. But, a few eBay lots later and in my pursuit of the zen like perfect shave, no longer. I will say that my Red Tip is a RAD killer other than wanting another 1 or 2 for backup purposes. But, I just can't seem to help myself and keep buying more razors...

Until relatively recently I would say yes. I had one razor an old Gillette butterfly from my father, and the ever faithful can of barbasol. No brush, no after shave balm, just that. Then my wife asked me to try some art of shaving lavender shave cream. (Don't like that oil, I could plaster on grease easier) and that was it. Now have the old gillette, a muhele r89, and a feather all stainless. And use all 3 daily. I of course now have several soaps, creams, balms. 2 brushes (I travel weekly so 1 for home 1 for travel).... life was "easier" pre disorder, but not as enjoyable. I don't really get closer shaves, since I've been a DE shaver since the late 70s, but they are a lot more enjoyable.

Back beför I found badger and blade I had two razors one brush and a can of foam.
Now I have one brush about five soaps and ten razors.

Probably me.

I've been wet shaving since 2009 but haven't been as fanatical about it the last 2-3 years.

I have 2 razors, a badger brush and some van der hagan soap. That's it, lol.

I could cut my hardware down to just one razor (Feather AS-D2) and just one brush (Plisson Synthetic), however software?... No chance! I need at least a rotation of +4 soaps and EDTs!

2 years of wet shaving and I still had 1 razor, 1 brush, and only 2 soaps. Then I joined b&b after lurking the entire time and shtf.

For 40+ years I had one razor at a time, usually a DE, brush and Williams. Sometimes an electric, sometimes a M3. Once in a while a can of goo, but I never liked it as well as Williams. A couple years ago I was surfing for a new soap when I couldn't find Williams in the store and stumbled into B&B, now the UPS man is my best friend. I've become a full blown collector, favoring travel sets. Numerous soaps and brushes too. Always questing for the elusive next better shave, not that I get bad shaves now. :001_smile

Top Bottom