What's new

FL newbie check in

Firstly, want to thank everyone on this forum for the reams of good advice. While this is my first post, I've been reading for months. Started DE shaving back in July.

One thing I know for certain...I don't KNOW anything yet:bored:. I kind of liken it to when I started to play guitar...I couldn't tell one set of strings from another. After about 6 months, I could start to tell them apart. After about a year, I could not only start to tell them apart, but I knew darn well which ones I wanted.

I'm kind of at that beginning stage with soaps and blades. To be honest, right now, I don't know what's better, but I'm learning. As far as the soaps go, I am going more by scent than results as to what I like. I'm loving Captain's Choice Bay Rum, Soap Commander Vision and Proraso Green. If you took the scent out of them, I bet you I would be hard pressed to tell the difference though....just like the smell of those three.

Loving the routine in the mornings though. Its relaxing- the smells, the warm lather, the results.

There are two spots I just can't seem to get smooth though- one on my neck, and right under my chin. Seems no matter what direction, how I tug on my skin, how light or hard I push...that stubble just seems to chuckle at me.

All part of the learning curve...

Again, many thanks to all of you for your sage advice.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here in B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

When I first start DE shaving, I wondered if there were still sources for blades, soap etc. I was shocked to see the variety, especially with soaps and creams... where to start?
It will take a while to get it all sorted, but that the fun of it. I'm sure you will conquer your chin. I can't help in that area, since I sport a goatee.
Welcome and enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom