What's new

Went to buy some Tabac, met a VIP of the Wet Shaving world

So I went to go to grab some Tabac to try for TabacTOBER, and subsequently decided to drop by a small event in a department store in town for Muhle's 70th Anniversary in Singapore. I was talking to the sales person about the STFs that they had, and he brought someone over I didn't expect to see at such a small place -

Andreas Müller, the owner of Mühle!

Shook his hand (No pictures because I didn't want to bother him) and had a small chat with him about synths and the R41, plus he mentioned B&B too! Alas, I had to be somewhere else and bid him farewell. Truly amazing to meet him.

For Singaporeans that don't know about this, the event is still ongoing tomorrow (4th Oct) from 1-7 in the afternoon at the Mühle section at Takashimaya. I can't guarantee Mr. Müller will be there, but master barber Mr. Justin Howley will be doing wet towel shaves at the pop-up shaving station. Maybe you'll pick up some techniques and get a great shave out of it too!

Now, time to lather up some Tabac :001_cool:

P.S. Mr. Müller, if you're reading this, you rock, and thanks for keeping the wet shaving dream alive :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Glad to hear this ... I'm sure that you'll remember this for a long time.

I wish there were events like this in America ... we don't have any such expositions to look forward to, except for the occasional regional gathering of shave-geeks.

It was at one of these meet-ups that I met Rudy Vey ... he is my one and only celebrity-sighting thus far.

Glad you enjoyed it. If it had he and I chatting briefly about the interesting history of the R41--and I was being polite but blunt--well...I don't think he would have particularly enjoyed it. It might have been interesting to see which story it is about that subject that he is sticking to at the moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom