What's new

How to pick out cologne?

I'm new to this whole....give a crap about how you smell lifestyle. Here's the situation

-I'm very poor, $50 is the most I can see myself spending on a cologne and that's with a moment of weakness spending more than I should

-I'm about to be 27 years old

-I hate citrus smells

-My personality is playful, goofy, however a stern undertone and harshness found from a lifetime of psychological abuse

-Convicted felon for resisting arrest

-Blue Collar worker

-Chewing tobbacco user (Favorite flavors fall between copenhagen long cut, and Mint)

-Favorite alcohol is beer, think American Pale Ale, BUT often having to buy malt liquor simply due to price.

-Also a father from a mexican girl I met in college (college educated by the way)

-Bilingual in Spanish

-slight receding hair line

-Devout Catholic

So what fragrance would you see THIS man wearing as described above

Last edited:
You had me at "goofy", "chewing tobacco" and "convicted felon".

Based on that profile, I'd stick with just using kerosene

Last edited:
I'm new to this whole....give a crap about how you smell lifestyle. Here's the situation

-I'm very poor, $50 is the most I can see myself spending on a cologne and that's with a moment of weakness spending more than I should

-I'm about to be 27 years old

-I hate citrus smells

-My personality is playful, goofy, however a stern undertone and harshness found from a lifetime of psychological abuse

-Convicted felon for resisting arrest

-Blue Collar worker

-Chewing tobbacco user (Favorite flavors fall between copenhagen long cut, and Mint)

-Favorite alcohol is beer, think American Pale Ale, BUT often having to buy malt liquor simply due to price.

-Also a father from a mexican girl I met in college (college educated by the way)

-Bilingual in Spanish

-slight receding hair line

-Devout Catholic

So what fragrance would you see THIS man wearing as described above

Do you enjoy fishing?

I'd recommend you find a local Sephora or Ulta store as they'll give you about three small samples if you ask nicely. I'd also recommend that you don't buy anything that you haven't worn for at least a few days first (which is where the samples come in).

That being said a modern cologne that I've been wearing recently, that my wife really enjoys, is Mount Blanc Legend. It smells like a more mature version of the Ambercrombie and Fitch Fierce scent that you smell when you walk into their stores. Certainly something that someone your age could feel comfortable wearing. I've gotten several nice comments when wearing it.

There are quite a few nice colognes out now that are not citrus. Spicebomb is another that's become popular fairly recently.

You really have to go and smell some to get an idea what you like and don't like though.

As far as price goes buying online is almost always the most inexpensive way to purchase a cologne and likely a nice way for you to stay within your budget. Do stick with a reputable site and use caution. I've used sites like Fragrancenet on multiple occasions with great success.

Top Bottom