What's new

Shake Sharp info please

I found a Shake Sharp at a garage sale today, and was wondering if anyone has used one or knows anything about them. I've been looking for info and found a few older threads one said it was very aggressive the other said it was mild. I imagine the honing stone would do more damage than good, so do you need to do anything to stop it from moving? Any info or comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• $DSCF8110.jpg
    $DSCF8110.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 81
The shake sharp is my favorite razor. Use it every shave. I use the hone for I use carbon steel blades. But if your going to use stainless just don't shake it and you won't have to do anything.

I never figured out the aggressive or mild but I find it easier to use then my old type. Those are my razors I use.

I find the angle easy and I think the weight is perfect on it.

I would love to find another at the price you got it. Congrats. If you don't like it send it to me for disposal :'P

Thanks, sounds good I love my OLD type. Good to hear the hone works, next time I run across some NOS blades I'll have to grab them and give it a shot. I do think the weight and build quality seem great I love a short fat handle. I still have to finish cleaning, and will break it out for SE Sunday.

Yea, I walk away from 9 out of 10 empty handed and of the and of the ones I find something 9 out of 10 times its not a razor. I like old hand tools, cast iron cookware, stringed musical instruments, or whatever else catches my attention and someone wants to sells to me for a coupe bucks. It also helps that I drive up to 100 miles in any direction for work so I'm only out a couple minuets of my time to stop on the way home. the slims were pretty nasty but cleaned up nicely if you want to see pics check this thread. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/469346-Garage-Sale-Finds

I tried it out this morning, for a head shave and a little on the neck. (I'm growing a winter beard.) I loaded up a new Lab Blue, and looked at the blade gap wow its a least a Fatboy on 9 with 2-3 times the exposer. I did 2 passes 1 with one against the grain and a little cleanup. Got a great BBS with one tiny nick. I really like the feel of it and the audio feedback is louder than a 1912. I think I may be stuck on this one for a while.:thumbup1:

That's very interesting...
What type of blade does it take ?

It looks like a single edge but you used a double edge blade ?

It takes a standard DE blade, but if you Want to use the sharpening feature you need to use a carbon steel blade instead of stainless.

It takes a standard DE blade, but if you Want to use the sharpening feature you need to use a carbon steel blade instead of stainless.

That is tres cool...

You got a deal. I never saw a razor like that. I gotta look around for one of those.

Yea, I'd never seen or heard of it either. I thought it would just be a funny gimmick, but it really is a nice shaver.

I have one also and it really is a great shaver. Mine had a loose top cap that didn't clamp the blade as tightly as it should but I use a shim on top of my blade and it is perfect.

Top Bottom