What's new

Anticipation

I am doing my best not to get my hopes up, but it is difficult!

Some of you may know that I occasionally re-enact the Golden Age of Piracy. I am a part of The Moody Crewe, and I am the ship's musician. One of my good friends in the Crewe, Al, is a former Civil War re-enactor (he started doing pirates because there's more freedom of interpretation!).

Last night, I was talking with Al for the first time in awhile. I am selling off some of my extra gear, and he wanted to buy one of my hats. As we talked, we shared a beer and caught up on how things have been going over the summer. I brought up my new shaving hobby, and pointed out the mark I got early in my straight razor journey. As a fan of history, he was fascinated that I had chosen to go back to traditional shaving. He mentioned that although he had never used one himself, he did have several vintage straight razors that he used to display in Civil War encampments. Then he told me that he would give them to me once he dug them out. So, in a couple weeks, I will be taking possession of these razors.

I don't expect any hidden gems, and more than likely will have some serious restoration to do, but I cannot help but get excited at the thought of getting these razors. I've been piddling around with my GD66 mod, and if I can pull that off then I know I may be able to get some good shavers from this bunch, barring any ridiculous levels of damage.

So, I will revel in the anticipation, and hopefully I will have some good pics to share once I get the blades!

Top Bottom