What's new

Acquired 20 NOS Gillette Super Spoiler Blades

You've got some real beauties in your collection (I followed the link from above - very impressive). Gillette has had some really nice razors. I just start my therapy for vintage razor acquisition disorder with the attainment of a Gem 1912 that needed (and still does) much TLC.

Thanks! I hope your therapy goes well!

Thanks! I hope your therapy goes well!
I'm told that therapy will take several acquisitions, at varying the locations (both storefronts and online), to be effective; so I'm looking forward to the treatments.

I'm getting more familiar with searching for "NOS". And I like what you're doing with the Spoilers, trying them in different razors, and then letting us know what combination works or doesn't. I'm learning a lot about shaving history in these discussions. With the availability of NOS, there exists the chance to trying some of the things that Dad and Grampy used to use.

I like vintage stainless blades, including Spoilers. I generally get 10 shaves per blade. I find that they work particularly well with my Gillette NEW long comb.

The vintage Gillette and Schick blades are some of the best de blades I've used, blades made in the 70s, 80s was I believe the highlight of de blades where the companies making them started incorporating the use of new alloys which first started with the use of chromium in stainless steel blades in the the 60s and combination of platinum and chrome and other polymers along with Teflon coatings.
They lasted much longer compared to de blades that are currently made, the Gillette Platinum plus and Schick plus platinum was smooth and sharp as feathers. Wilkinson also made blades with the goal of lasting longer than the Gillettes, but I find the Gillettes to be smoother and my favorite is the Schick plus platinum, I use mostly vintage blades but every now and then use a Polsilver Super Iridium so I don't get used too much with the vintage blades and get spoiled with their use. If you like the Spoilers you will love the platinum plus.

Top Bottom