What's new

The 10 Best All-You-Can-Eat Buffets in America

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Here are the best buffets in the USA! :thumbsup:

MSN - Food & Drink - Dan Myers - 9 Sept 15
[FONT=&amp] [/FONT]"In America, we believe that it’s our God-given right to eat as much as we want, whenever we want to, and all-you-can-eat buffets are the perfect manifestation of that ethos. Thankfully, there are plenty of great places to live out that dream, and we’ve tracked down America’s 10 best".

proxy.php

Read More: http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-10-best-all-you-can-eat-buffets-in-america/ss-AAe7gk6#image=1

[FONT=&amp]"[The Buffet] is our common ground...comprising artistry and craft to unite a universal experience". Chef CBJ[/FONT]

I rarely eat at these places anymore. Beside the typically abysmal quality of the food, the behaviour of people partaking is worse than a bunch of primary school children. Concerning buffets, I have come to this conclusion; You won't eat at one if you watch for ten minutes what the help and customers do at them.

Agree 100%.

I rarely eat at these places anymore. Beside the typically abysmal quality of the food, the behaviour of people partaking is worse than a bunch of primary school children. Concerning buffets, I have come to this conclusion; You won't eat at one if you watch for ten minutes what the help and customers do at them.

Ahhh, but back in the day (early-to-mid 20s) my friends and I would head down to Rhode Island and hit a place called Custy's Buffet. It had all you can eat lobsters, shrimp, prime rib, etc. and we tore through that Sherman through Georgia

We ate to excess, we drank to excess and we loved it.

Now the only buffet I even consider is a brunch at a nice restaurant nearby and even then it is for reserved for special occasions. I have aged out of my ability to eat with abandon - both from metabolic capabilities and desire.

While I agree with the comments posted as it relates to chain-type buffet restaurants, the buffets that Christopher posted are a little bit on the higher end.

Ive seen the ugly behavior and the carelessness of the staff at some establishments. But trust me, the Waldorf is a little different. I have no hesitation in partaking of their brunch buffet and have done so many times. It's quite a fun experience.

ETA: Speaking of Rhode Island - The Nordic Lodge is a sight to behold.

I eat at a buffet every week for Kiwanis. Same....dam....one. Same...food.

You quickly learn to check the soups and salads. Some veggies do better on a steam table for me (peas and carrots for instance). I usually eat just fried seafood although the meatloaf is pretty good.

I'm not a fan of buffets. I was on a cruise ship not long ago and it was like fighting to stay in line. My wife and I decided after a couple of attempts to go with sit down served meals for the rest of the cruise and we ended up having a much better time, spent more time in conversation with each other and other guests and workers and probably ate less overall. When we were in Las Vegas, probably the buffet capital of the world, we ended up spending a lot of money and eating at good restaurants with service. Again, a much better choice. That being said, when travelling with little children, a buffet can be a very good thing allowing parents to select something their kids will like and get them fed quickly.

I'm not a fan of buffets. I was on a cruise ship not long ago and it was like fighting to stay in line. My wife and I decided after a couple of attempts to go with sit down served meals for the rest of the cruise and we ended up having a much better time, spent more time in conversation with each other and other guests and workers and probably ate less overall. When we were in Las Vegas, probably the buffet capital of the world, we ended up spending a lot of money and eating at good restaurants with service. Again, a much better choice. That being said, when travelling with little children, a buffet can be a very good thing allowing parents to select something their kids will like and get them fed quickly.

That was my experience on a cruise as well. You can choose sit down for any meal, not just dinner. At least it was that way on the Disney cruise. When we figured that out, we didn't turn back.

Although I am not a fan of buffets, we do have a decent Asian one here in Chandler, AZ. (Jogoya Sushi Buffet).

What usually turns me off are some of the patrons. I attended a meeting in Boca Raton, FL some time ago and it was held at a restaurant that had a seafood buffet on Friday evening. One individual on the buffet line began eating shrimp on the line and threw the shrimp tails on the floor! He later loaded two plates with crab claws practically knocking people over.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The buffet brings concepts of "value" to everyone's minds ... patrons and restaurant managers alike. The customer wants to "get his money's worth" ... and then some, if he can. "Go for the expensive stuff!" is their battle cry. The management wants to fill everyone up on the inexpensive food ... here, have some toast ... ooh, look, our mashed potatoes are to die for, the rice pilaf is the chef's specialty, the buns are fresh and hand-made ... so everyone is out to see if they can "win" that competition.

Meh.

When we were in Las Vegas, probably the buffet capital of the world, we ended up spending a lot of money and eating at good restaurants with service. Again, a much better choice. That being said, when travelling with little children, a buffet can be a very good thing allowing parents to select something their kids will like and get them fed quickly.

Vegas is odd. People still go there thinking they will get $3 steaks, killer buffets around every corner, and free drinks so long as you are gambling. Maybe that's why everyone at the slots looks so glum ... they just paid $40 for a so-so steak, and the waitress wanted $8 for that beer their sipping veeeery slowly.

I've been to Vegas twice, and been to two buffets ... one so-so, one pretty good ... but the meals I remember are the ones I sat down for and had a menu and all that.

But yes, on the point of kids and buffets, they can be very handy when you want to get in, get them fed, and get out.

Although I am not a fan of buffets, we do have a decent Asian one here in Chandler, AZ. (Jogoya Sushi Buffet).

What usually turns me off are some of the patrons. I attended a meeting in Boca Raton, FL some time ago and it was held at a restaurant that had a seafood buffet on Friday evening. One individual on the buffet line began eating shrimp on the line and threw the shrimp tails on the floor! He later loaded two plates with crab claws practically knocking people over.

Once.

Just once do I go to Boca Raton ... and I never hear the end of it.

:001_rolle

The buffet brings concepts of "value" to everyone's minds ... patrons and restaurant managers alike. The customer wants to "get his money's worth" ... and then some, if he can. "Go for the expensive stuff!" is their battle cry. The management wants to fill everyone up on the inexpensive food ... here, have some toast ... ooh, look, our mashed potatoes are to die for, the rice pilaf is the chef's specialty, the buns are fresh and hand-made ... so everyone is out to see if they can "win" that competition.

Meh.

Vegas is odd. People still go there thinking they will get $3 steaks, killer buffets around every corner, and free drinks so long as you are gambling. Maybe that's why everyone at the slots looks so glum ... they just paid $40 for a so-so steak, and the waitress wanted $8 for that beer their sipping veeeery slowly.

I've been to Vegas twice, and been to two buffets ... one so-so, one pretty good ... but the meals I remember are the ones I sat down for and had a menu and all that.

But yes, on the point of kids and buffets, they can be very handy when you want to get in, get them fed, and get out.

Once.

Just once do I go to Boca Raton ... and I never hear the end of it.

:001_rolle

It was your shoes with five finger toe shoes that stood out.

Add to the fact that most of the time these days, buffets are not really cheap. We paid ~$40 per person at the only buffet we went to in Vegas when I was there about 8 years ago.

If I had not had the free dinning package on our recent trip to Disney World, we would have paid $56 a head for an adult to eat at Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary Resort. It really wasn't a good buffet either. That was hands down my least favorite meal of the trip.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Somewhere on the site is a post of my epic University of Arizona football team buffet incident of 1976. It may possibly be the basis for Seth MacFarlane's disdain for Tucson on Family Guy.

About a month ago a sushi buffet opened up here in town.

I went yesterday for lunch.

It is NOT your typical belly up to the bar buffet.

you order off of the menu and they bring it to you but you can order until you can no longer eat. I did not get to that point but I did have some exceptionally prepared and presented sushi.

the price was close to what I would have paid had I gone to a "normal" sushi bar so no "savings" or "value" like you would get at "The Bloated Tick Buffet"

I knew I was in the right place when I was the only one there not speaking Japanese (and I don't mean the staff).

I hope they do well as I would like to go again.

My details are sketchy, but on a Grateful Dead tour somewhere in Wisconsin, the police were called to an all you can eat Chinese buffet and whisked roughly two dozen of us out the door.

Good times.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I didn't know that the help were sloppy with the food.

I like to eat at the Chinese place . It's $6. 50 or more for the lunch. But the last time I was there, there were darn few people there.

I eat at these Smorgasbord places and don't get sick.

Top Bottom