What's new

Took The Leap Into SE Shaving.

Be careful with the Brasso. It is highly abrasive and will easily take the plating right off. Don't even think about using it on a gold plated razor.

Unless . . . On some razors the gold plating is in such sad shape that it is better to just remove it completely, as the underlying brass will shine up really nicely. On these you can wail away with the Brasso. Of course, they will then require a little periodic maintenance to remove tarnish.

I use an ultrasonic cleaner (ostensibly purchased as a gift to my wife for her jewelry :wink2: ). It works really well and will not harm plating.

--Bob

True, spidey9: I should have mentioned that. You can't just use Brasso willy-nilly on everything.

Almost a month after switching to SE and I'm a total convert. Added a Schick G to the rotation and it's my current favorite - I can't believe what close, comfortable and easy shaves I'm getting with it. My skin is really appreciating the switch to SE as the razor bumps I frequently got on my neck with DE have virtually vanished. I'm probably going to sell my DE razors - including my SS Feather, just no point in keeping them as I have no desire to use them.

No need to go out of your way to get nasty chemicals or cleaning products. I use toothpaste with baking soda on an old tooth brush to clean my razors and it works wonders. I don't think germs will stand a chance with a vigorous rubbing but if you are still concerned just soak the razor head in boiling water for 10 minutes.

Top Bottom