What's new

Uh - hello from a newbie :

Stopping in to say hello :) HELLO! Probably won't be a prolific poster as I joined specifically to do some research and (hopefully) get some help on some old razors and blades that belonged to my DH's grandfather. Is there a specific "historical shaving stuff" (or similar) forum here? Thanks in advance!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome!

You can post a thread with a few pictures and someone should be able to identify what you have exactly. If you want to browse the database, then you can access the Shavewiki via the link in the top menu.

There's a link for the Safety Razor Database: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Safety_Razor_Database

Welcome to B&B, I would suggest posting in the razor sub forum and include pics if possible. There are a lot of very knowledgeable posters here who are more than happy to answer questions for you. Personally I came here after getting some shaving stuff from my grandfather and was graciously accepted and helped by the board in identifying what I had. I've been here every since and still shave with the razor I received from my grandfather.

Thanks for the welcome! So there isn't a specific forum for "old/vintage/what have I got?" posts, just use the Safety Razor Blades forum to start the Blades thread? And the Double Edged Razors forum for the two razors? (I just really don't want to violate the norms here :) )

I will charge up my camera right now :D

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome! So there isn't a specific forum for "old/vintage/what have I got?" posts, just use the Safety Razor Blades forum to start the Blades thread? And the Double Edged Razors forum for the two razors? (I just really don't want to violate the norms here :) )

I will charge up my camera right now :D

Yes that's fine.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Post as much or as little as you like. Just have fun.

Most of the double edge razors discussed here are old. There are many experts here (I am not one) who can quickly identify any razor from a clear photo. Please do enjoy your time here; don't be embarrassed to ask any question. I think you'll find members here to be courteous, patient, and respectful.

Thanks for the welcomes :001_smile I finally got pictures taken of the razors, and some blades. Will start a new thread. Thanks again!

Top Bottom