What's new

Body Soap by Claus Porto

About a week ago this POST was started about body soaps so I ordered three different brands... The Zum, Claus Porto, and Blue Ridge Soap Shop.

They've all arrived and were what I expected... very nice.

Except for the Claus Porto... these things are AWESOME!

They are almost the size of footballs, smell wonderful, and are in beautiful packages... I felt bad putting them in the closet. I thought $14/bar seemed pricey but after seeing these wonderful bars, it's no doubt they are worth it!

See them HERE.

PS: I wanna emphasize just how big these are... I can't close my hand around the bar!!!

I'm a Claus Porto user myself, really fantastic stuff. Definitely pick up the "Lelite" Orange Amber and the "Aguia" Vetiver.

Shane

ada8356 said:
About a week ago this POST was started about body soaps so I ordered three different brands... The Zum, Claus Porto, and Blue Ridge Soap Shop.

They've all arrived and were what I expected... very nice.

Except for the Claus Porto... these things are AWESOME!

They are almost the size of footballs, smell wonderful, and are in beautiful packages... I felt bad putting them in the closet. I thought $14/bar seemed pricey but after seeing these wonderful bars, it's no doubt they are worth it!

See them HERE.

PS: I wanna emphasize just how big these are... I can't close my hand around the bar!!!

Aaron,

Just when I'm trying to use restraint [yeah, right :lol: ] in buying soaps, creams and such, you just had to 'share' your find of the Claus Porto soaps! Your description and their website together forced me to add Claus Porto bath soaps to my wish list. It indeed looks like great stuff. Looks like you can get it in a single 12.34 ounce bar or a three pack of 5.28 ounce bars. I can hardly imagine trying to hold a 3/4 pound bar of soap in the shower, much less dropping that puppy! Ouch!!! Anyway you slice 'em that's some big bars of soap my man. A Manly Man's Soap! :thumbup: Now, Aaron, don't tease us with saying they smell great and just leave us hanging. You've got to tell us what scents you got and give us your take on each one.

Also, I'm curious about the Blue Ridge Soap Shed soaps you got...again the scents and your take on each one. I still have a little bit of some of the Blue Ridge body soaps left. My favorite is by far the 'Dirty Old Man' followed by 'Gentleman Caller' and then 'Masculine Musk.' I wish their bars were a bit larger but the soap performs well and the 'manly' scents are all winners in my book.

Shane said:
I'm a Claus Porto user myself, really fantastic stuff. Definitely pick up the "Lelite" Orange Amber and the "Aguia" Vetiver.

Shane

I did get the vetiver as well as

'Deco' Lime Basil - through the wrapping this thing smells awesome
'Parada' Pear Sandalwood
'Tabaco' umm well you can probably guess this one

Can't wait to try these guys out! I'm gonna need some kind of soap rack in the shower to start holding all of my bath soaps... I'm starting to collect those just like shave soaps!:blushing:

Edit: Ron I was typing this at the same time you were asking. I got about a dozen Blue Ridge Soaps so it'll be a while before I can comment on them... I did get the Manly 6 pack thing.

Shane said:

Shane

Shane,

What about the 'Tobacco' scent...did you try it?

Ron,

They also have 15 packs of 'Guest Soap' in a lot of thier scents.

That looks like a neat way to go... then when you post in the buy, sell, trade you can always throw one in to sweeten your deals!

PottyDoctor said:
Shane,

I have the tobacco scent, but it's hard to tell how it smells through the package... I guessing it is one of those that is mild and you don't really smell until you use it.

From what I could tell about it had a sweet, earthy smell to it.

PottyDoctor said:
Shane,

Unfortunately I haven't tried the Tabaco yet, from what I read about it it's a strong one-noter of sweet, smoky tobacco leaves. Thus far I have the "Lelite" Orange Amber, "Aguia" Vetiver, "Banho" Citron Verbena and the "Rivale" Grapefruit Fig, all of them fantastic.

Shane

Shane said:
Unfortunately I haven't tried the Tabaco yet, from what I read about it it's a strong one-noter of sweet, smoky tobacco leaves. Thus far I have the "Lelite" Orange Amber, "Aguia" Vetiver, "Banho" Citron Verbena and the "Rivale" Grapefruit Fig, all of them fantastic.

Shane

Soap Envy :mad:

These soaps sound great--I'm down to 1 good bar right now and was all set to order my usual NB sig scent--now I'm waffling!

D**n SAD!:001_tt1:

So I just unwrapped my bar of vetyver and had to laugh... remember I said they were big? Well the bars have finger grips on one side to help you hold them!! These things are monsters... I bet one bar will last three months of 2x daily showers easily!

I'm telling you, I'm gonna need a soap rack in my shower!!!:lol:

As my one month follow-up, let me tell you this is my favorite soap of the three brands that I ordered (Zum, Blue Mtn, and Claus Porto).

And this stuff lasts forever! This vetyver is very nice but it just won't go away. I shower 12 to 14 times a week and have a couple of soap bars. This bar of vetyver is still bigger than ANY soap bar that you will find in the aisle at the store! :thumbup1:

It's actually kinda frustrating since I really want to try one of the other three that I have! At this rate, it'll be next September and I won't have made it through all of them yet!:wink:

Deco is my favorite! It is perfect in the morning or whenever you need a pick me up. These soaps do not lose their fragrance. I've had one bar that I have been using off and on since April and it still smells exactly as it did when first opened. You can also get these scents in bath gel, body lotion, and bath salts.

Ok, now that I've put a little effort into figuring out pics:

full

I tired to put a few things in the pic to give you a scale reference... a five pack of Derbys and a bar of NB soap.

I also have a Zum bar and a Blue Ridge bar. Notice just how big the Claus Porto bars are!

Also, the packaging is just beautiful!:thumbup1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Bauer said:
I see that you can order 3 smaller bars for $22. Is it possible to get this with 3 different fragrances?

Chris

I've never seen this to be an option... it's too bad, it would be a great way to try more of the scents.

The Claus Porto soaps are among the best in the world. I have been using their Musgo Real body bar for years now. Nothing compares IMHO. Excellent scent too, just like the Musgo Real Cologne.

Chris

I just ordered a couple of the Claus Porto soaps from beauty.com, taking advantage of their free shipping offer. I tried to get them at Neiman's, but all they had were the candles...

Claus Porto Soaps

Well, it's been five months since I opened the first Claus Porto soap bar and it is almost gone (finally).

Now, I haven't been using it exclusively, but it gets used as much as any other soap bar and it's easily outlasted at least six other bars during it's time.

Now the hard part... which bar do I try next?

Pear Sandalwood
Lime Basil
Tobacco

And then I'll have to get some more... maybe the smaller size next time so I can use them quicker!

Top Bottom