What's new

Who would think these pix are of the same razor? CAP & Chris are magicians!

I bought this lot of razors a few months back, mostly for the Tuckaway and the hidden 1939 Popular in its midst:
proxy.php

Well, let's just say the Popular wasn't in near the condition I was hoping for as it had bent teeth, a dropped TTO, and severe pitting that Chris has since declared is the worst case of pitting he's ever had to deal with at razorplate.com! But for €50 the lot, I guess I can't complain too much, eh? Here's what the razor looked like after Captain Murphy worked his magic:
$Popular - As Received 2.JPG

And what it looked like after Chris stripped the plating to reveal all of its raw beauty and hidden damage:
$Popular - Stripped 2.JPG

The reveal? I'm almost convinced these 2 fine gentlemen switched razors on me :lol::
$Popular - After - RazorPlate Nickel.JPG

Can't wait to get her in my hands next week and get 'er wet! Her case is already cleaned up and waiting for her.:thumbup:

Wow, thats quite a change! If I were that side of the ocean I'd send my Aristocrat and Popular to him as well. Let us know how it shaves - it should be as nice as it looks :thumbup1:

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
That my friend is a fine looking razor. Chris has one my mine right now and I can't hardly wait!

The postman was playing tricks on me yesterday! I was expecting 2 packages according to the USPS tracker, and when I picked up the mail about 7pm, there was only 1 package in the mailbox - and this package wasn't it. :mad3: Back inside, back to the tracker, and it says both were delivered and that the 2nd one had been left at my front door. NOPE! Now I'm in a panic, looking behind bushes, scouting the yard - still nothing. So an hour later, while letting the grand-dogs out, I go back to the mailbox. Sure enough, my 2nd most precious package is there - my '39 Popular that you see above, and a #19 Aristocrat that I had sent to CAP for repairs and that he'd kept together with the Popular to minimize postage! The postman had circled back and delivered!!!

I haven't taken their arrival pictures, yet, because I was in a hurry to load them both up and cue them for today's shaving debut, but this is what they looked like after CAP's skilled hands, and before sending them to Chris:
$IMG_2469.jpg

I'm excited :thumbup:

I shaved with them both, this morning, WTG pass with the Popular, XTG and ATG passes with the #19, Castle Forbes Lavender providing the foundation.

In a word, WOW! The Popular looks great and shaves well, but it served as confirmation that I prefer the form factor of larger diameter handles - like the #19. As for the #19, it was un-shaveable before sending it to CAP, now I would put it up against the best of the best, it is that good!

Woot! Woot!

I wish I had just a fraction of CAP's and Chris's skillset!

I 100% agree....Chris and Cap are the BEST. Great guys and skilled craftsman. When are we going to get them Knighted? They should be Sir Chris and Sir Cap of the Razor Table.

Top Bottom