What's new

Well it finally happend

Hi all, been shaving with a Straight Razor on and off between DE shaves and got a Nice cut on my Face :bored:. It looks like it's heeling OK been using all natural oils. My question is what do you guys use? Been using an Electric razor so it will heal-up:mad3:.
Thanks,
Anthony

First off I am sorry to hear about the misfortune Anthony:sad: Slices are always a downer.

When I get a fairly nasty cut from a straight I just continue to shave every day considering I have no choice but to do so and if it is particularly bad to the point that I simply cannot get around it with a straight and still get a good shave I just use my DE Razors and press on. If I am able to though I will simply adjust my angle of attack to go over the sliced area from the backside of the cut to avoid opening it further.

Of course you must keep it clean and allow it to heal as well but the above steps have worked great for me in the past.

Hope this helps and wishing you speedy healing:thumbup1:

I got a nasty cut a while ago -- not from a SR, but still a cut.:w00t: I avoided shaving over it for a while, dabbed with alcohol (after my AS routine) then some Neosporin. After it scabbed, rubbed a little shea butter on that. Healed just fine, in about a week.

Lol, I know, I know. Going for a Nice DE shave today. Gonna go over those spot real lightly.

Anthony

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I approach cuts from a different angle when shaving. Don't ask me how many times it has taken me to figure this out. :blush:

Think we've all got the t-shirt! (blood cover t-shirt) My worst was, one on my upper cheek from a 1800s near wedge, just about to start a stroke and it slipped in my hand, resulting in a 1/2" very deep cut, took some stopping with sceptic pencil!, second was wade and butcher spike, just the wrong angle, spike very light touch on my face, again 1/2" deep cut, still got the scars

Even a year later the one on my upper cheek gets court,

Keep It clean, shave from a different angle for a few days, across the cut instead of over the cut, no triple passes.

It slows you down for a while and adds to the pub talk :)

I remember my 1st, 2nd, 3rd.... well you get the idea, anyway I just kept shaving with a straight and just worked gingerly around the cut. My cuts/nicks are pretty much not an issue now, oh now I know I will get cut now :w00t:

Great shave with the DE as always. Still want to master the Straight. I think I know what I did now, I used a square tip as apposed to a round tip Razor and must have pressed a little more then I should have, and the tip went right in. It didn't feel bad then the BLOOD! It happened in the same spot on both sides of my Face. Left side a little more. This happened Tuesday or Wednesday I forget, and they both are looking pretty good now. Keeping them moist so they don't scab. I thought scabbing was a good thing till I read some of the posts here. Isn't scabbing part of the healing then flak away?

Anthony

Hey thanks guys for all your input. been keeping it moist with oils and alpha hydroxy acid lotion. Looks great. was really bummed out there. I guess keeping it from Scabbing is key

Anthony

Top Bottom