What's new

Razorock Synthetic Brush $9.99 @ Italian Barber

RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic 24 × 57 knot Lightening ⚡ sale coming today, $9.99 first week only!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so very much for posting this.

While I am still a very green Noob compared to everyone else here, the way other members seem to be liking this deal, I went ahead and purchased on on pure faith after seeing the reaction.

I hope it is at least as good as I hope!

Sounds like a good deal. Does anyone know if it is supposed to have more, less or the same backbone as the Cade brush?

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Ordered two of them. One for me. And one to gift to one of my convertees. And of course, I had to get my order up to $60 so I could get the free shipping. So I have a bunch of the new Italian Barber branded soaps coming as well. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I've been wanting to get the cade, this one is way cheaper and bigger. Anyone able to compare the two? Thanks!

I have the L'Oc Plisson, and have this one incomming. I will indeed compare when it arrives. I am hoping this RR version is a bunch bigger, and has just a wee bit more backbone. But we will see when it gets here. I am sure Joe has done a wonderful job with this brush as per his usual.

I read on another forum where someone was comparing these brushes to the Stirling. Does that Stirling brush has a similar Plisson style fiber for its knot as well? I have that brush too, and never did think it was the same fiber. Anyone else have any thoughts on that? I love the Stirling brush's size and handle. The size is literally perfect for me. But find the knot fiber to not be as nice as the Plisson or the WD. It doesnt behave as well, and it doesnt have quite the luxurious feel of the WD or Plisson. But its close. And crazy inexpensive.

One thing is for sure, this is a golden age for synthetic brushes right now. For a new shaver, there is really no reason to spend upwards of a hundred bucks or more on a premium badger when they can have one of these great synths for 30 bucks or less. Unless they want to of course! Even around a year ago when i started, these great synths like the WD and Stirling were not quite hitting the mainstream yet. Its a great time for brushes. Can wait to see what comes out next!

I have the L'Oc Plisson, and have this one incomming. I will indeed compare when it arrives. I am hoping this RR version is a bunch bigger, and has just a wee bit more backbone. But we will see when it gets here. I am sure Joe has done a wonderful job with this brush as per his usual.

I read on another forum where someone was comparing these brushes to the Stirling. Does that Stirling brush has a similar Plisson style fiber for its knot as well? I have that brush too, and never did think it was the same fiber. Anyone else have any thoughts on that? I love the Stirling brush's size and handle. The size is literally perfect for me. But find the knot fiber to not be as nice as the Plisson or the WD. It doesnt behave as well, and it doesnt have quite the luxurious feel of the WD or Plisson. But its close. And crazy inexpensive.

One thing is for sure, this is a golden age for synthetic brushes right now. For a new shaver, there is really no reason to spend upwards of a hundred bucks or more on a premium badger when they can have one of these great synths for 30 bucks or less. Unless they want to of course! Even around a year ago when i started, these great synths like the WD and Stirling were not quite hitting the mainstream yet. Its a great time for brushes. Can wait to see what comes out next!

I think I read the same post you did. I believe he is comparing the old razorock synth which was a 22mm. This one is brand new and I think only a few people have received them, if any.

I think I read the same post you did. I believe he is comparing the old razorock synth which was a 22mm. This one is brand new and I think only a few people have received them, if any.

We have two, the RazoRock Synthetic Badger (22mm) and the RazoRock Plissoft (24mm) that just launched Friday afternoon. The RazoRock Plissoft just started shipping today so nobody has one yet.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I read on another forum where someone was comparing these brushes to the Stirling.

We have two, the RazoRock Synthetic Badger (22mm) and the RazoRock Plissoft (24mm) that just launched Friday afternoon. The RazoRock Plissoft just started shipping today so nobody has one yet.

Thanks for the clarification. I am hoping these are NOT like the fibers in the Stirling. As I mentioned, the size and handle of the Stirling are perfect. But the fibers are lacking compared to a WD or Plisson. If this brush is BIGGER than the Plisson, and has a touch more backbone, then it will be an amazing brush. I already know the resin handle will be great based on the descriptions.

I cant wait for mine to arrive!

I've had zero interest in synthetics, but RazoRock has never disappointed me, and I figured for ten bucks plus shipping, what's to lose? Well, it came a day earlier than the tracking number stated and I got to test it out this morning with my typical Friday setup of RazoRock XXX. I was suprised at how the fibers stayed together, if that makes sense. I face lather, and I'm a bit of a brush-masher. With my badgers, that seems to help get air into the lather and speed up the process. The Plissoft just wouldn't have it, though, so I ended up just doing back-and-forth painting strokes (just as my Simpon's manuals recommend). First of all, the face feel was incredibly soft and the lack of splay, I guess, feels like backbone, although different from my Semogue 830 and Simpson Commodore X3. In the end, the lather was fantastic, still voluminous but more dense than with my other brushes, and there was plenty for two passes and probably could've done a third. It certainly rinsed out quickly and easily, and seemed drier than my badgers when I set it on the shelf. I'll certainly be picking up another when they return, to give to my son, or perhaps multiples as gifts for friends. Well done, Joe. Well done.

Mine arrived yesterday, and the shave this morning was great. It is beefier in handle size as the L'Occitane Plisson brush, and has the same brush softness/consistency. Fantastic brusk-highly recommended.

Top Bottom