What's new

Razorock Synthetic Brush $9.99 @ Italian Barber

I've had zero interest in synthetics, but RazoRock has never disappointed me, and I figured for ten bucks plus shipping, what's to lose? Well, it came a day earlier than the tracking number stated and I got to test it out this morning with my typical Friday setup of RazoRock XXX. I was suprised at how the fibers stayed together, if that makes sense. I face lather, and I'm a bit of a brush-masher. With my badgers, that seems to help get air into the lather and speed up the process. The Plissoft just wouldn't have it, though, so I ended up just doing back-and-forth painting strokes (just as my Simpon's manuals recommend). First of all, the face feel was incredibly soft and the lack of splay, I guess, feels like backbone, although different from my Semogue 830 and Simpson Commodore X3. In the end, the lather was fantastic, still voluminous but more dense than with my other brushes, and there was plenty for two passes and probably could've done a third. It certainly rinsed out quickly and easily, and seemed drier than my badgers when I set it on the shelf. I'll certainly be picking up another when they return, to give to my son, or perhaps multiples as gifts for friends. Well done, Joe. Well done.
I was watching a video by The Shaving Evangelist and he said you just have to push a bit harder and it will play out.

Any response to this?

Maybe it should have been a promo price for the first xxx customers and not the first week since no one was able to order after it sold out.

I think there was an implied "while supplies last" on the sale length. I wouldn't expect any vendor to take a raincheck on a sale item after it had sold out.

I think there was an implied "while supplies last" on the sale length. I wouldn't expect any vendor to take a raincheck on a sale item after it had sold out.
Hmm...I guess I didn't see that "implication". Specifics are appropriate. I love razorock products and will remain a loyal customer.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
My two RazoRock brushes came in last night. They are precisely the same fiber as the Plisson. I also did not realize that the Stirling Brush was the same fiber as the Plisson. I guess I just never compared the two. So if you look at these three brushes (Plisson, RazoRock, Stirling) they are the same knot but in different sizes. I will shave with the RR Brush a bit later this morning. But the handle is much cooler than the Plisson. Resin, heavy, nice deep black color. The logo is on the bottom so it doesnt interfere with the classy look of the brush. This brush screams quality, whereas the wooden Plisson handle does not. However, the brass ring around the Plisson knot does offset the wood handle and raise up its class level a little. The Stirling handle is just a masterpiece. Big and heavy. Great shape. Awesome feel in the hand for both bowl lathering and face lathering. The RazoRock handle looks more like the smaller Simpson style resin handle. Much like the WD. The RR is a great classy brush, and so far feels really nice in the hand. I will report back when I shave with it later. And I will post photos of the synth brushes in my stable for comparison.

Top Bottom