What's new

Stetson Cooling Moisture

I have written a couple of things about this aftershave splash but I don't think it has it's own dedicated thread.

This Aftershave has a great ingredient list which includes Castor oil, Glycerin, menthol, and aloe which are all listed before Alcohol. It really has no alcohol burn at all and a very slight menthol cool that slowly creeps on a couple minutes after applying. The skin feel and healing properties are the best of any aftershave I own and the scent is great, and not over powering (but lasting). This is my favorite Aftershave in both categories (scent and skin feel). This is the only aftershave I have that I don't layer with a balm because if I do my skin feels a bit oily because the aftershave gives all the moisturizing and protection that my face needs. Any balm is just overkill.

The best part is I can get it at Wal Mart for around $6 and it comes in a very nice glass bottle. If you haven't tried this aftershave yet I highly recommend it. For the price it is a steal and while scents can be very subjective, I absolutely love this one; very masculine and classy.

proxy.php

full

Last edited by a moderator:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I gave it a sniff last time I was at Wallyworld and it's not bad. I might have to give it a try. I confess to some bias in associating Stetson with cheap cologne from the 70's. But yeah, if 60% of the time, it works every time - maybe it's okay.

Tankerjohn, after your experience with Speick aftershave, I'm not sure if anything will let you down :lol:

I try not to associate it with "cheap old scents" anymore than I would something like Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Pinaud or Old Spice. With aftershave, I just smell it and if I like the way it smells, I like it. If I like the ingredients and the way it feels, I like it even more.

I like the scent much better than I do regular Stetson. I keep it in rotation and its nice to be able to pick it up at Walmart for around $5

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Tankerjohn, after your experience with Speick aftershave, I'm not sure if anything will let you down :lol:

I try not to associate it with "cheap old scents" anymore than I would something like Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Pinaud or Old Spice. With aftershave, I just smell it and if I like the way it smells, I like it. If I like the ingredients and the way it feels, I like it even more.
LOL! No kidding! Serves me right for having too high expectations. It's only shaving, after all.

I bought my bottle of this about six months ago. At first I found its scent to be a bit too mild and put it aside, not really appreciating its healing properties (I was using a balm after every shave back then, so that's where I got my healing).

When summer came around, and I wasn't using my balms so much, I started using Aqua Velva on an almost daily basis, because I liked the face feel of it so much. But, I started using the Stetson as well, just to break up the monotony of using the same AS every day. AV is still my most reached for after shave, but I am glad I've rediscovered the Stetson Cooling moisture.

I must say, although I like Aqua Velva's scent more, the Stetson's curing properties are even better. So now, if I've had a rough shave, I reach for the Stetson instead. It really does do wonderful things for your face.

A worthy addition to anyone's shave den.

strop

Now half as wise
I've seen this in the store, but never got any since I already have enough AS to last several years, but after this review I think I'll have to give it a whirl!

I like it! It's cheap, smells nice, and feels pretty good. Most of all it's easily found and picked up locally.

I like Stetson Cooling Moisture aftershave well enough that I keep a few bottles of it on hand at all times. When traveling, this is also my preferred aftershave since it doesn't have a overpowering scent that won't get me thrown out of whatever moving transportation method I decide to take. My wife and daughter like the scent as well, which wins it big points as well.

I have a bottle of this, but I haven't given it a full test drive yet. Just a couple of wrist tests. I'm going to have to be careful with it because it comes on a bit too sweet for me. Still there are some nice things in the scent and I think all the skin care stuff will be good when it gets wintery here. It kind of makes me wish aftershaves came with a graphic equalizer with a slider for each fragrance note so I could dial it in just the way I want it.

Top Bottom