What's new

Penzance Alert

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Folks,

Windy City Cigars has Penzance in stock. Just grabbed some. They also had Stonehaven but I missed it. Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up! I missed out on the Penzance, but picked up a few tins of Sobranie. Owen is right. I love that stuff.

Last month, I was sitting at my computer when the email from "SmokingPipes" popped up. I instantly followed the link and they were already sold out. I estimate 45 seconds to a minute from the time I got the email alert.

I never see penzance or stonehaven last more than 1-2 minutes. Doesn't matter if it's quietly listed or mass emailed it's in stock. I've found it only comes out twice a year on average and I've never heard of more than 10 bags of each delivered to one place. The rare Germain's Special Latakia Flake is even more rare. Only found it once in 8 years and the lady at cup o joes let me have the entire brick of 11 tons they got in.

I'm there now thankfully. Spent 8 years trying to find both and the last year landed a few rare opportunities and scored 2 lbs of stonehaven and 3 lbs of penzance. I hoard what I have, appreciate that I have it and smoke it so rarely so that if I never find it again I'll be smoking what I have in my 90's haha

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I found that while Stonehaven may last forever if properly stored, Penzance is very difficult to keep in top shape.

Last month, I was sitting at my computer when the email from "SmokingPipes" popped up. I instantly followed the link and they were already sold out. I estimate 45 seconds to a minute from the time I got the email alert.

The problem is that if you put yourself on the mailing list when the product comes in, the emails are sent out in the order in which the people put their names on the list. So if you put your name on the list and you are the 250th person on the list, you have to wait until the other 249 emails are sent. I have no idea how long the interval is between emails, but that is how SP set it up.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I found that while Stonehaven may last forever if properly stored, Penzance is very difficult to keep in top shape.

Do you mean because the flake no longer holds together? I don't mind that as long as the flavor holds.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks for the heads up! I missed out on the Penzance, but picked up a few tins of Sobranie. Owen is right. I love that stuff.

I think what I really like about both Penzance and Sobranie is the Oriental. To me it is magical when pair with Latakia.

The problem is that if you put yourself on the mailing list when the product comes in, the emails are sent out in the order in which the people put their names on the list. So if you put your name on the list and you are the 250th person on the list, you have to wait until the other 249 emails are sent. I have no idea how long the interval is between emails, but that is how SP set it up.
I'm kinda curious about that, too, as I'm #2 on the list for Stonehaven right now.

FYI: I think that Windy City is releasing Stonehaven a little at a time as I checked yesterday and it wasn't in stock, checked again last night and it was in stock, so I picked up a bag and have gotten a "shipped" notification. Checked again this morning out of stock, and as of right now back in stock...

FYI: I think that Windy City is releasing Stonehaven a little at a time as I checked yesterday and it wasn't in stock, checked again last night and it was in stock, so I picked up a bag and have gotten a "shipped" notification. Checked again this morning out of stock, and as of right now back in stock...

Why, thank you, sir. I just scored as well. :thumbup:

Happy to pass along good fortune. I've scored an epic run this past two weeks on "unobtainable" items. Once they all arrive I'll have to post quite a pic in the acquisition thread.

happy Hunting :thumbup1:

Top Bottom