What's new

Bison, Boar, Elk and Ostrich meat - found a shop in Canada that sells online

Reverse Sear sounds interesting. i was listening to the Splendid Table podcast and one of the guests on there was saying that you retain more juices if you sear after cooking rather than before and results in more even cooking. I haven't tried it yet.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I just got a message on my answering machine, the box will be shipped on Monday so I should get it Tuesday. The reason why is that they cut to order and pack what I want. Also, they only do Boar once a month, so my timing wasn't too bad. They should, however, have a notice about the boar on their website.

I will check back once the box check-in Tuesday. They don't ship on Friday so the meat doesn't stay on a truck or warehouse all week-end.

I honestly have no idea if everything will fit in my freezer. I made some room but between me and my other half, I'm the tetris master! She doesn't like puzzles so it could be interesting... I will try to do a binge on the stuff in the freezer until Tuesday to be sure...

Luc

Staff member
For those who would be interested, here's what I got

Wild Boar economy combo #3 x1 = 99.95
Striploin steaks 4 x 4 oz.
Ground meat 2 packs of 16 oz. each
Medallions 2 x 4 oz.
Ribrack 2 lbs. approx

Elk burgers 4 x 4 oz. x2 = 21.00
Osso Bucco 2 x 8 oz. x2 = 19.90
Bison Short Ribs 16 oz. x4 = 39.80

Buffalo Economy Combo #5 x1 = 149.95
6×8 oz Rib Eye
1×4 lbs Sirloin Tip Roast
8×4 oz Burgers
2×1 lb Ground

$25 shipping and a $10 rebate

Luc

Staff member
Here's what I got. It's a good chunk of meat but I thought it would be a bit more... Anyways... They delivered what I bought, no issues about that

I have roasts, steaks, burgers, etc.
$SANY7205.jpg

Those are the Buffalo ribs, they are meaty I well worth it IMO.
$SANY7206.jpg

The steaks look nice and have a nice fat/meat ratio
$SANY7208.jpg

The Boar rib rack is fairly big but expensive if I compare to pork (I know, it's not pork).
$SANY7209.jpg

Finally, A big 2 pounds (1kg) or boar minced. I guess that's my mistake, during check-out, I did not leave a note saying that I would like 2 packs of boar instead of 1 huge one.
$SANY7210.jpg

I bought 2 packs of Osso Buco and I ended up with 1 huge bag of 2 pieces. The piece was cut in half instead of 4 and both pieces are sealed in one pack. that one is not a big deal as I can take one one, reseal the bag for the second piece and voilà.

The minced will be a bit more difficult.

Overall, I would say that I'm happy with what I got. I will most likely eat it and then look at buying a full or half beef next year as those are way cheaper than buying them steak by steak.

Top Bottom