What's new

Just saying Hi

From the new brush Steward, just a little hello to my fellow brush fiends. My name is Derek and I've been wetshaving for the past 4 years or so, I'm an engineer, but shave for fun, and I'm an ardent fan of soaps/brushes. I typically utilize larger brushes in all sorts of hair/bristle/fiber and like to think I've got a good handle on how a certain brush will act. I'm also in the 2015 sabbatical so I shouldn't be able to buy a new brush till 2016, but thanks to B&B allowed items and one exception, I've got two brushes that should be arriving in the next couple of months. Fully expect a nice little write up on these two brushes.

To all the new gents or ladies checking this forum out, any question at all, feel free to shoot me a pm or post a thread (I can guarantee you'll get plenty of answers).

To all the old hands, I'm here to keep things fun and interesting. If you have any good ideas for the brush forum, shoot me a pm. I've got some cool ideas bouncing around in my head regarding 3D printed brush handles that I'll be looking at come 2016.

I hope I can serve as a suitable replacement for the venerable Mike H, recently elevated to Mod-ship.

And with that, all I can say is: lather on my friends, lather on.

Congratulations, Derek! You have a wonderful forum to steward! Brushes are my favourite tool, especially, to photograph! :thumbup:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Congratulations on getting this job!

Paintflinger? Does that mean that you fling (throw) the paint as you paint? You're an artist, huh?

Congratulations on getting this job!

Paintflinger? Does that mean that you fling (throw) the paint as you paint? You're an artist, huh?

It's two things. I like painting, but I was also really into paintball when I had far more disposable income (before I discovered shaving). The name come from that actually. There's a French team called the Ton Ton Flinguers and I just like the way it worked.

Top Bottom