What's new

Pasteur's in NYC

I stopped by Pasteur's on 34th off Park Avenue after work tonight, and was very impressed with the amount of new products that they never had before - Velobra (cream brick and stick), Speick (cream, stick and after shave), Erasmic, Ingram's and Castle Forbes (cream, balm and splash) to name a few, in addition to the usual MWF, Proraso, Musgo, Tabac, Anthony's, Trumper's, TOBS, Harris and T&H Lines. Pasteur's also had a few brushes and packages of blades, including Feathers for sale.

Steve, the manager at Pasteur's gererously threw me some samples of Trumper's Almond Cream, Gentlemen's Quarterly Unscented cream, GQ preshave oil and GQ Black Ice cream ( I don't know how well the Black Ice works but with that licorice smell, I can't wait to try it out - now I have a good reason to get out of bed tomorrow!):w00t:. Steve also mentioned that he is going to be stocking the full Arko line beginning next week. Also, I think that Pasteur's prices are about the best you are going to find anywhere.

If you are a New Yorker or just in Town for a visit, I highly recommend the you check them out.

I wrote in an earlier post that I would have walked right by this place if I didn't read about it on B&B. Since then I have gone back many times, just last week to I picked up Trumpers Coconut. I will be back.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm into them for a ton. In fact, I'll be there this afternoon, just because someone mentioned them. :lol:

And it is getting better.

I'm in the neighborhood and just recently...today, in fact....Pasteurs has had Speick for the first time in my experience and recently has had IPs and Feathers....OTC.

That is all pretty rare in Manhattan. No telling how long it will last.

The Manager says that they have more shaving items at the main store uptown...but I've never been.

Jerry10016

The Manager says that they have more shaving items at the main store uptown...but I've never been.

They have so much shaving stuff it's unbelievable. Every time I go I just stand there ... and look ... and look ... the shelves are stocked literally floor to ceiling with shaving products. :drool: Good shaving products. Harris, Taylor, Trumper, Truefitt, Tabac, Speick, La Toja, CF ... and also aftershaves, colognes, body soaps ...

It's worth checking out. :tongue_sm

ouch

Went there today (34th location) and was rather disappointed. I scored a Taylor St. James, but they don't seem to be the super bargain place I remember.

Tabac soap in the jar for $36.

Speick balm for $36.

Did their price gun get stuck on $36? It seemed to be on every product (so I had to pick up a Castle Forbes cream at that price).

Worst of all, although they had the Speick stick, cream, and balm, they didn't have the a/s splash, which is by far their best product.

They also had the Vulfix creams, but $25 puts them into the Trumpers/Harris range.

ouch

You're right, Jim. Perhaps we should invade England. I'll put up with the "No Blood For Cream" crowd if I can get my toys on the cheap. :001_rolle

I have yet to find a store in the New York metro area with as wide a selection of shave products and more competitive prices. Cambridge on 6th Avenue is a better looking store but does not have the same product depth. Cambridge does have a good brush selection however.

they have German Nivea cream for $5.50 or so, and I can't find this stuff anywhere online. the place is a mecca with very good prices on hard to find stuff like erasmic, arko, etc.

Wow
Bic Metals, first place I've seen these
Didn't have the DR Harris Arlington refill I wanted, T&H soap, nor the Tabac Jar, but I scored Proraso after shave balm. Prices are still reasonable, $5 for Feather blades, $1.50 for a 5 pack of red pack Personnas, $14 tub OR tube of TOBS (some tubes were marked $22). They also have Schick DE and injector blades, Dorcos and OLD spice cream?
Lots of Burts Bees stuff, Neutrogena stuff and L'Occtaine

Overall, nice place

I checked them out today after work and a quick trip uptown to 89th St, so I took the Lexington Avenue Line downtown to 33rd. I met Steve also who is a very nice guy. Sadly, they did not have a lot of Merkur's in stock, but will after the middle of next week.

A very nice selection including Castle Forbes Lime. I really, really, really should have treated myself to that...

They got Merkur slants and Futurs
Slants are $53, Futurs are $65

Tabac came in as well, $36

I think they're getting certain items from other vendors and then keystone marking them.

I think they're getting certain items from other vendors and then keystone marking them.

That's very possible; I was there yesterday and the Tabac shavestick was $33(?????)

I did, however, score a small bottle of Trumper Marlborough aftershave for $21.00 :001_smile and (not scored but bought anyhow) a pack of Swedish Gillettes for $4.99

2 locations - Pasteur Pharmacy & Surgical,53 E 34th St,New York, between Park and Broadway, NY 10016,(212) 683-3838 and ‎806 Lexington Ave, between 62nd & 63rd, New York, NY 10065, (212) 838-2500‎. Uptown is supposed to have more comprehensive selection.

Top Bottom