What's new

Corcoran jump boots

As did I. I'm somewhat surprised at the interest, whoudathunkit?!

When I was in, jump boots held a high shine and were our dress boots. We wore desert boots most of the time, like when we flung ourselves out of airplanes:

I have a pair of the all black ones in the middle. I made sure to get the real deal US made, surplus from actual issue. Super comfy. The knock off ones by all reviews are pretty much junk. They won't hold up and aren't comfortable at all.

This thread tickled me. I still have my old Corcoran black boots. I had two pair of these, one for the Friday parade and one for utility when I wore them for fatigue duty. The boots for parade were spit-shined to look like black glass. The utility boots were just polished lightly and buffed to an acceptable shine. In Hawaii, I served with the 25th Infantry Division, which issued jungle fatigues and jungle boots until the cost became prohibitive. We switched back to the black boots and regular green fatigue uniform. I see now the desert boots, which do not have to be shined. However, I know they have to be cleaned, but I am not sure how unless a suede brush is used.

I see now the desert boots, which do not have to be shined. However, I know they have to be cleaned, but I am not sure how unless a suede brush is used.

That is exactly how they are cleaned. I have a pair of Bellville USMC boots & I picked up a deluxe Kiwi cleaning kit at the same time.

Other than the brush, that kit is worthless.
The deodorizer smells OK and is great for spraying on your helmet to get the funk out(it smells like the stuff they use in the smoking rooms of hotels). But the liquid stuff will turn your boot orange.

Ive seen people throw them in the washer, and then if you hang them on the inside of the dryer door with the boot laces, you can dry them without creating a whole bunch of racket.
I knew a guy who used sand paper to clean them.
Crest tooth paste to remove the black spots, if you kick a tire or get fuel on them.

But the desert "sand" is the best because it just works into the leather and you don't have to do anything.

Top Bottom