What's new

Free photo box set up for razor pics with cell phone?

Poster board always looks good! Finding this picture I posted forever ago took awhile, but here is how I do my SOTD pics, when I use poster board. I get a large piece and clamp it to a table letting the rest ride up the wall, thus, no seams. Also, the odd little contraption I set my phone on, or did, I use an actual camera now.

$20150331_181055_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nice simple set up you got.

I hear they have wifi cameras now. That will send the photos to your computer wirelessly. With my cell phone my routine is to take picture, email picture, open email on my computer and download picture, then upload picture to B&B gallery.

One of these days I'll get me a real camera and tripod

Yeah, my camera is WiFi, but I have absolutely no clue what I would ever do with that? I'm still getting the hang of picture taking, let alone the inter-webby-net stuff it can do! I just have a very basic Canon, point and shoot, no DSLR yet. As for the cell phone, I find it easiest to just plug into the computer, load up the album, then drag and drop pics right to the desktop. I'm old fashioned, and a slow learner.

Here it is taking a picture:

$nE3nAfB.jpg

I got some poster board and set up outside on the table against the house. Just my luck it get's cloudy when I start taking photos but I think it still looks good. Natural light. Better than anything indoors I could set up I'm sure.

Here's one of the photos. Some others in my gallery.
You are on to something here!

I suggest you try to make the background more neutral by using a cloth of some kind to make the sharp lines disappear. Something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
... One of these days I'll get me a real camera and tripod
Actually you will get a lot more maneuverability by using a monopod for a point and shoot camera with optical zoom.

Also try to not use the widest angle, it will distort standing lines in the photo.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks for the tips Bosse. I like the looks of the cloth or fabric better than just the plain poster board. I took about 60 pictures yesterday. I'm going back out there today so I'll try something different.

I use a cardboard box, lined with poster board.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442774775.161749.jpg

Works decent enough, considering I only have a couple bucks into it.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442774819.547950.jpg

I'm reviving a year old thread here.. but it's a topic that interests me....
[MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION]... what did you end up with?

I'm lazy.. My backgrounds for my PIF pictures are done with a shirt for the background, pulled over the plastic drain board of the dishrack, then propped up to the kitchen wall and shot with available light.

The only problem, as you said, it's hard on the back muscles bending over the counter......

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm reviving a year old thread here.. but it's a topic that interests me....
[MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION]... what did you end up with?

I'm lazy.. My backgrounds for my PIF pictures are done with a shirt for the background, pulled over the plastic drain board of the dishrack, then propped up to the kitchen wall and shot with available light.

The only problem, as you said, it's hard on the back muscles bending over the counter......

I ended up clearing a shelf off my bookcase. Then I took white poster board and lined the 3 sides. Then aimed the light at the shelf and snapped away. :laugh:
(actually, I think I just lined the back and the shelf itself. I left the side walls alone, just got real close with the camera)

No one is lazier than I

We're not lazy... we're saving our energies for more important things like ordering soaps and creams and aftershaves...:tongue_sm

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Growing a beard is hard work. It's almost as hard as growing fingernails. Oh gawd, don't even get me started!

Growing a beard? More like Cultivating!!! I hope the DEA isn't following your beard around .

Perhaps you should have a nice lie down while that beard sprouts a few more inches... gotta be wearing you out.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I would suggest natural light for beard photos. Trying to get a The Beard to fit in a little light box for selfies is going to be hard work. :w00t:

Top Bottom