What's new

Pal adjustable Injector pass around

Final thoughts.
This morning I used the Schick Hydro Magic, my only other injector razor.
Compared to Pal adjustable, I did get a better shave.
Large size of the Pal razor makes it a bit more difficult to get BBS in tight spots (near the ear, under the nose).
YMMV

Thank you for your observations! My Schick I1(yes, I have a back-up and a back-up to the back-up) has become my daily shaver. I have a Hydro Magic, but I haven't taken that for a spin yet. I'm REALLY enjoying my injectors! I appreciate your comments on your journey the Pal Adjustable and am looking forward to the experience!
Enjoy the experience! I sure did. :thumbup1:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm looking forward to trying the Pal Adjustable.

Updated list

1. @Doug57: Done
2. @ShaverGN: Using
3. @Blade4vor: Next
4. @lfs70

Remember use it for 10 days and post your thoughts, then pass it on. Please PM me the tracking number. Enjoy!

Thanks again, @imatabor for providing this opportunity! I'm really looking forward to trying out this razor.

I haven't looked back through the thread, but I don't remember anyone disliking this razor. Have there been any bad reviews? I love aggressive DEs, including wide open adjustables and my R41, and I even really enjoyed this razor.

This is good to know, Garrett. It seems my whiskers lean toward sharp blades. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this razor. I may try some NOS blades I like, as well as the Chick blades.

The razor has landed! I picked it up today and if all goes as planned, I will shave with it tonight. Update to follow later!

Thank you, John, for the opportunity!

OK, first shave:

$SOTD-09feb16.jpg

SOTD-09feb16:
Pal Adjustable(Middle Setting/3?) / Chinese Schick Injector Blade(1)
Vintage Blades 24mm 2-Band w/Faux Horn Handle
Nuàvia Blu

Well, not the best of shaves for me on the 1st shave with this razor. I started with a hot shower, kept my face wet, and then face lathered with
Nuàvia Blu(this is the best I have.) The shave ended up being very tuggy and pulling. I tried multiple angles, as well as speed and length of stroke. It didn't help. I was very happy that I chose Nuàvia for this shave. Otherwise, I'm very sure I would be suffering from irritation. In all fairness, the Chick blades have never worked very well for me with any injector(YMMV, please), I understand they work fine for many folks. The shave ended up somewhat smooth in some areas, but very little reduction over most of my face.

I will gladly bin this blade and try something that I know works for me in just about any injector for the next shave. I do have some particularly resistant ginger whiskers(those that aren't gray.)

Sorry to hear about the poor results. Hoping a different blade solves the problem.

As a matter of fact, @imatabor, the shave went much better this morning!

$SOTD-10feb16.jpg

SOTD-10feb16:
Pal Adjustable / NOS Dutch Schick Ultra Platinum(1)
Mystic Water Sensitive Skin(Unscented) Shaving Soap Stick
Soap Commander Inspiration ASB

I went with one of my favorite injector blades for today's shave. This is a very sharp blade that has worked well for me in the past. The end result was a very comfortable and reasonably close shave. I will probably stick with this blade for the next few shaves as I try to tweak some other things.

John, I apologize if my previous post sounded ungrateful. I truly appreciate the opportunity that you have provided with this pass around!

View attachment 636515

SOTD-11feb16:
Pal Adjustable Injector / NOS Dutch Schick Ultra Platinum(2)
Barrister & Mann Night Music Shaving Soap

I cranked up the razor one more notch this morning. It seems to be better this way for me. I did pull the cardinal sin of wet shaving and introduced a new soap along with this razor. No worries, though, the soap performed well and the razor seems to be coming into it's own right now. DFS+! I'm a happy camper!​

$SOTD-12feb16.jpg
SOTD-12feb16:
Pal Adjustable Injector / NOS Dutch Schick Ultra Platinum(3)
Mike's Natural Soaps Vetiver
Fine Fresh Vetiver AS

OK, so I cranked up the volume on this razor this morning. The shave is about as close as yesterday's shave, but I did end up with some irritation around my mouth and goatee area. This is due to me trying to get a little smoother in this area(a common problem of mine due to the fact that these are the toughest whiskers on my face.) I didn't really gain much this morning by going to the highest adjustment. The only thing I accomplished was gaining irritation. I wear a mustache and everything else is clean shaven on my face(by orders of the BOSS.) I don't mind, as I've always wanted a mustache since I was a kid. The mustache has been with me going on 25 years now.

So, the shave was very acceptable, but the razor still isn't delivering the easy comfortable shaves I've become accustomed to with my Schick Injectors(E2, G1, I1, & M1.) I think I'll swap out the blade for a NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome on the next shave. Don't worry the Dutch blade will get transplanted to another razor for another 2-3 shaves. I will be turning the Pal Adjustable down a notch for the next shave, because I don't feel that I'm gaining anything in closeness and maybe losing out a little on comfort with it on "H."

So, until tomorrow, shave on and enjoy your shaves!

PS:
Just for clarification: I seem to have acquired a pile of NOS injector blades(how'd that happen?) and find I prefer the NOS blades to what is being produced today. YMMV, as always!

PPS:
The soap I used this morning is an old favorite of mine that I realized I had neglected for a while(the scent not the maker.) The Fine AS is new to me and I found it exquisite! Nice cooling and I love the scent!

$SOTD-13feb16.jpg

SOTD-13feb16:
Pal Adjustable Injector / NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome(1)
RazoRock Plissoft Brush
Tabac Shaving Soap
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue

So, this morning's shave went fairly uneventful. The NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome blades are reasonably sharp and the shave went pretty well. I have turned the adjustment back down a notch. I have to admit I'm still not enamored with this razor. For some reason, it still feels like I have to work harder to get a shave as close as I'm used to. I really like the look and feel of the razor and want to really love it, but I don't know... no epiphany, I guess? I don't know how else to explain it. The shave isn't bad, but it just doesn't feel as good as the other injector razors I've been using since November of this past year. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Nice honest review....great pic!

Thanks!

John(@imatabor) was kind enough to send this razor on this pass around. The way I see pass arounds is not only to try new things, but to also give honest feedback about your experiences regarding the pass around(+pictures!) Not everybody is going to feel the same about the same things.(Just browse through the razor blade sub-forum:w00t:) So, while maybe the Pal Adjustable Injector razor may not be quite my cup of tea, I shamelessly admit that I enjoy my experiences in traditional wet shaving, even if its not an epiphany.

Thanks, also for the compliment on the picture. It seems like everyone loves pictures, so they can get a better sense of what's there. I'm no different, I love the pictures too. Thanks!

Fine Fresh Vetiver become one of my favorites too.

I'd waited a while before getting it. But, a friend of mine was ordering, so..... I seem to have a lot acquisitions start out that way. It amazes me that this AS is so good with only 4 ingredients!

I appreciate the honest review. I have been involved in a few and learned that I had found a new razor I had to buy but I also found out razors I would avoid.
Love the photos as well. Thanks for taking the time to go the extra mile.

Last edited:
I appreciate the honest review. I have been involved in a few and learned that I had found a new razor I had to buy ut I also found out razors I would avoid.
Love the photos as well. Thanks for taking the time to go the extra mile.

That is what makes these great (Thanks again John [MENTION=75490]imatabor[/MENTION] ). I'm 50/50. I would definitely pick up a PAL adjustable, but not so much a DEVette. I was curious to try that one for head shaving. No nicks or irritation, with good results, it just wasn't very comfortable.

$SOTD-15feb16.jpg

SOTD-11feb16:
​Pal Adjustable Injector / NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome(2)Vintage Blades 24mm 2-Band w/Faux Horn Handle
Barrister & Mann Night Music Shaving Soap
Soap Commander Love ASB w/Menthol

I skipped a day shaving this weekend, but still managed a fairly uneventful shave tonight/morning. I didn't experience any irritation with this shave. Every shave with this razor has been 3 passes(WTG, XTG, modified-ATG.) This isn't always my norm, because sometimes I just do 2 passes for a couple of days and then 3 passes on the third day. I tend to go a little overboard sometimes trying to get the smoothest face possible, so I try to take it easy and then go for broke every few shaves. But, to try to keep things equal, I have been going three passes as controlled as possible with each shave with the Pal Adjustable Injector razor.

This razor is effective and does a decent job. I still feel that this isn't a razor that I would hunt down to put in my collection. There's nothing wrong with it, but I think I already have some other razors in the den that surpass the performance. YMMV!

Last edited:
Top Bottom