What's new

Pal adjustable Injector pass around

unfortunately i don't have the pella blades to try, but i think i will be buying one of these razors and assortment of blades to test.
i used the razor again today, last time before i send it out tomorrow, again great results. quite and efficient. only thing i wonder about and maybe someone here can answer this question; do these blades flex at all??? i am getting the same sort of little cuts/irritation i get when i use DEs?? with DEs it's much worth, i blame that on the flexing blade. reason why i don't use DE's at all now. not totally sure but maybe more experienced users can address this.

I would say that these blades to not flex..A very light touch is the order of the day with an aggressive injector like the PAL Adjustable Sir...Any razor will offer cuts/irritation with too much pressure and or shaving angle issues..:w00t:

Billy

I would say that these blades to not flex..A very light touch is the order of the day with an aggressive injector like the PAL Adjustable Sir...Any razor will offer cuts/irritation with too much pressure and or shaving angle issues..:w00t:

Billy
thanks for the follow up Billy, though i like to believe i used very light pressure i could be wrong.
i could definitely see the angle be the problem!

thanks for the follow up Billy, though i like to believe i used very light pressure i could be wrong.
i could definitely see the angle be the problem!
The PAL Adjustable Angle is very subtle and to the point of being almost sublime...Some find it a very tedious experience apparently....These injectors are quite quiet and offer little in audible feed back and I reckon people over work them...When the whiskers are being removed in almost silent mode that's it...Using the PAL on the Half Way setting is a good place to find the subtle angle...Some folks play around with this thing with all different settings and angles and end up barking up the wrong road....Listen carefully..:w00t:

There is an Old Chinese Saying...Chi is like a Shy Girl...If you look too hard for her she will hide behind the Tree...The sweet spot on the PAL Adjustable is like the Shy Girl...:thumbup1:

Billy

hahahah nice analogy. Thanks alot Billy.
that's actually what i did, went on the middle setting and played around with the angle. as you mentioned very very quiet, almost no audible feedback, HOWEVER very efficient! Also smooth. i didn't find it tedious by any means, actually the opposite very fun to use!

in general what do people normally get out of these blades? i have 5 shaves on this blade so far

hahahah nice analogy. Thanks alot Billy.
that's actually what i did, went on the middle setting and played around with the angle. as you mentioned very very quiet, almost no audible feedback, HOWEVER very efficient! Also smooth. i didn't find it tedious by any means, actually the opposite very fun to use!

in general what do people normally get out of these blades? i have 5 shaves on this blade so far
Glad you got it..,She is so subtle isn't she...Ha..I can get 8 comfortable shaves from a Chinese blade...Some folks get more..I like a sharp blade however and in the Pal Adjustable I don't tend to get that much because they have unique adjustment set up and I like a really sharp blade in it...All personal of course...The PAL adjustable is deceptively aggressive and the moment I feel a hint of any harshness or dulling down I change the blade even though its doing its job...:w00t:

Billy

Glad you are getting along with it. Since it is so quiet I just judge by blade feel. I love the weight and build quality.

Here is the updated list:
1. Polishaver- Done
2. Bebo8- using until 10/23
3. AmericanArmsdealer - waiting
4.Tukyou- waiting
5. Karl G- waiting

Razor shipped yesterday
Thanks again.. Really nice and different razor.
Fun to experiment and play with considering the 5 different settings
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445703840.731217.jpg

I think I'm next on the list but I am leaving for a hunting trip on Wednesday the 28th and won't return till Sunday the 8th. So if you could wait tell around Friday the 6th to send it my way that would be great. Thank You.

Here is the updated list:
1. Polishaver- Done
2. Bebo8- Done
3. AmericanArmsdealer - waiting
4.Tukyou- waiting
5. Karl G- waiting

I'm interested. I've been wanting to try an injector for head shaving. I've been eyeballing some adjustable Pals and Ms on the bay but they're always a little more than I'm willing to pay for a razor I'm not sure I'll like. Can you still get blades at Sally Beauty?

Welcome aboard, Garrett.
I'm not sure you can get injector blades from Sally's.
I feel bad I didn't have blades for the PAL, sorry everyone for the hassle!:blush:

Welcome aboard, Garrett.
I'm not sure you can get injector blades from Sally's.
I feel bad I didn't have blades for the PAL, sorry everyone for the hassle!:blush:

I thought I read somewhere that the mini hair shaper blades were just repurposed injector blades as long as you make sure to get them in the dispenser with the key. Maybe I'll ask over in THE Injector Razor thread.

The razor arrived today just before I left for work. I'll be loading it up and taking it for a test drive tonight with my Tabac puck in the factory ceramic bowl that ALSO arrived today. The mailman made me very happy this afternoon!

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446093257.593029.jpg

First time with this razor and first time in a LONG time with the soap. The soap was AHHHMAZING . The Injector was a bit meh. I'll give it another shot tomorrow before I pass judgement on it, though. First two passes (WTG & ATG) were wide open on the adjustment, and last two (XTG 2 different directions) were about halfway. Even after 4 passes, the result still wasn't acceptable, but figured I'd let it be since I got several weepers under my chin and a nick on the front of my chin. First time I've EVER had any blood loss with an injector. So far I'm not running out to buy me one of these razors and I think I'll stick with my Schick...

Schick Platinium blade
Tabac Original
Avon Oland

View attachment 611316

First time with this razor and first time in a LONG time with the soap. The soap was AHHHMAZING . The Injector was a bit meh. I'll give it another shot tomorrow before I pass judgement on it, though. First two passes (WTG & ATG) were wide open on the adjustment, and last two (XTG 2 different directions) were about halfway. Even after 4 passes, the result still wasn't acceptable, but figured I'd let it be since I got several weepers under my chin and a nick on the front of my chin. First time I've EVER had any blood loss with an injector. So far I'm not running out to buy me one of these razors and I think I'll stick with my Schick...

Schick Platinium blade
Tabac Original
Avon Oland
When this injector is wide open its on the mildest setting..,Its a very mild shaver at that setting Sir...The 3 quarter mark for a full shave and you will feel the difference ...I mention this because a lot of folks think when its fully open there is more blade exposure...Its the other way round with this injector and causes a lot of confusion apparently...:w00t:

Billy

When this injector is wide open its on the mildest setting..,Its a very mild shaver at that setting Sir...The 3 quarter mark for a full shave and you will feel the difference ...I mention this because a lot of folks think when its fully open there is more blade exposure...Its the other way round with this injector and causes a lot of confusion apparently...:w00t:

Billy

Billy,
This is the first time hearing this. So turning the dial all the way to the right is the mildest and all the way to the left is aggressive?
I run it about half way so I never thought about which way was which.

Billy,
This is the first time hearing this. So turning the dial all the way to the right is the mildest and all the way to the left is aggressive?
I run it about half way so I never thought about which way was which.
The most aggressive setting is all the way to the right Sir....The mildest setting is all the way to the left....I have perhaps added to the confusion here...You mentioned above that you were using it "Wide Open" for a couple of passes and a lot folks think that using it " Wide Open" its at its most aggressive because of the huge blade gap...:w00t:

What I meant was that the PAL Adjustable works the opposite to most razors because the smaller the blade gap on it ....The more aggressive it is...This is because when the comb is fully back where there is less of a gap there is more blade exposure...This is the bit that confuses people because they think when Its "Wide Open" its the most aggressive setting....:w00t:

Billy

Top Bottom