What's new

How many blades do you need?

The Polsilver SI, Astra SP and Personna Blue Lab blades are the main ones in my rotation. Last time I ordered soap and AS I also included 400 of them just to not bother buying blades for a while.

I have settled on 5 shaves per blade since going to DE. Therefore my stock of 800 or so should last over 10 years. There is as good a chance as not of living that long. I have stopped acquiring in recent months. If I should feel short-stocked after finishing a couple hundred-packs then I suppose I will resume.

At last count, I had about 3,000 in 5 or so different flavors.
Probably have a lifetime supply seeing as I'm on the high side of 50.
Now where's that link to bulk GSB's? :)

Approx. 1500 - more or less 100 each of each type I wanted to try. Should be enough to last the rest of my days. By my twisted reasoning, (since they are all bought and paid for), any shaving from here on out is free!

Who says DE shaving doesn't save you money?!.......... Other than maybe a few more pucks of soap way down the road, I shouldn't have to spend anymore money.

Last edited:
I initially said 900, but the more I shave the more shaves I get out of a blade so with experience I may be able to work this number down to 500 or maybe even fewer before I expire.

I only use the blade for one shave and toss it out. I don't shave weekends. That's about 260 shaves a year. If I take the average life expectancy of 70 years, that's about 11,250 blades more.

Would be less if we achieve singularity thing.

There are around 40-50 brands of blades out there. I can try 200s of all of them before I go.

Need?
Since adding straights to the mix, not many.
Still, I start to panic when I get down below 50, and lose sleep when I have less than 10.

I have a guy that comes in every morning that helps me with angle and pressure.
I'll ask him if he has some spare time to help me count my blades.

$helper.JPG

attachment.php

Last edited:
I would think you would want to keep a minimal number so that if some newer and more awesome blade is discovered, you aren't financially invested in a set of inferior blades you no longer want to use?

Assuming I need one per week, and assuming I could live to 120, and I'm only 42 now, I need approximately 4056 blades +-10

Top Bottom