What's new

What's the most expensive cigar you've smoked? Was it worth it?

This is something of a necropost at this point, but when I'm feeling celebrational, I'll buy either a Davidoff Nicaraguan or a Padron 1964 Anniversary. Both are in the $16-20 range, and are well worth it to my relatively novice palate.

I had a cohiba Siglo IV gran reserva (I still have a few left in the humi) which is probably the most expensive. I think it was like $3k for a box of 15 that i split with some friends.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Bill, why can't you embed the video?
Also is this the one you meant?

Till:
Great technique (kind of hard to do outdoors...when it's breezy), and thanx for the video and for sharing! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Wood matches: you can't strike just one". CBJ[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Chris:
When I came home from Germany to E. L. Mich, in 1999 for the Christmas & New Year (with family for the holidays, for New Years...to "Party likes it's 1999" [which I did with brother & sister in Windsor, Ontario], and see what Y2K would bring; nothing happened), I brought with me six (6) Trinidad Fundadores cigars (7½ x 39 ring gauge...Lonsdale), from the Duty Free Store in the Frankfurt Airport (then had them wrapped like a gift in gift bag), before I boarded my flight to the States.
proxy.php

If I remember correctly from back then, I would say they were around $22.00USD each. They were worth every penny and loved / savored each puff...so creamy with a medium strength! :thumbsup:

[FONT=&amp]
attachment.php
“[Smoking a cigar is] like a bee hovering over a bloom…[like] a butterfly pausing on a petal before taking the
nectar”. Martin Booth[/FONT]

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
i was taught a great technique by a college professor who was an ex-proprietor of a smoke shop in england. Using a torch lighter, toast the foot thoroughly until it is evenly toasted and glowing. Then briefly puff out through the cut end of the cigar before taking your first puff in. The idea is that you are blowing out any carbon or foul tasting oils from the toasting instead of inhaling them into the cigar when you first light it. I noticed an improvement in taste immediately. I apply the same theory to relights - toast then puff our before puffing in and it avoids a good deal of that nasty relight flavor.
cwx:
proxy.php
...and I use that method (and Churchill, whereas "He preferred to moisten the end of the cigar and poke a hole through it with one of the extra-long wooden matches he had specially imported in large cartons from Canada. He would then blow through the cigar from the other end to make sure it would draw".), and notice a remarkably improvement in the overall pleasure of smoking. :w00t:

Read more: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/A-Gentleman-of-History_6006

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp] “A cigar—it’s not so much a [passion] as the crown and hallmark of pleasure”. Count Leo Tolstoy [/FONT]

Top Bottom