What's new

Fuzzy-Wuzzy

If my beard came in full like your guys' I'd probably be bearded for life and just shave the neck beard off. Unfortunately I have not the genetics to grow a full on beard. It sucks cuz it's heavy growth where it does grow and the bear spots absent with hair just clash against the overall beard when grown out. It looks just as crappy at 3-4 weeks as it does 2-3 days. I've grown before for 2 1/2 months awhile back when I was 19. My beard hasn't improved barely since then so it still looks the same. I don't wanna look like some kid trying to grow a beard when he can't lol. So I'd rather be clean shaven. Besides the annoying itch and beardruff are buzzkills for beards...for me at least. I've always had an issue with dry skin with facial hair..no matter if i use beard oil/moisturizers or not. At least shaving exfoliates my skin and keeps the dryness in check.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448168493.181076.jpg

Six weeks in :)

^^ Thanks guys. This is my 4th attempt since last Christmas. I keep getting to the 3 month mark and shaving it off (grooming error in February, was very hot in July, and bought a new razor in October that I had to try out). Then I go clean shaven for a week or so, then start over. I'm trying to take this attempt until at least Spring :)

Anybody else get wierd dreams about their beards?

I occasionally get dreams where in my dream my beard has been cut off, or something, and I always feel so disappointed after all that patient waiting for it to grow in, it's suddenly gone....

But then I awake and it was all just a dream...

That happened mostly with my first winter beard like three years ago. But I've had a couple recently as well.

Anybody else?

Grew a circle beard last month and got to my surprise a lot of positive comments. Well the weather is getting colder so I've decided to go with a full beard. With only ten days growth I can feel the difference as my face doesn't feel the cold as when I was clean shaven. So it looks like I'm embracing the idea of a fall & winter beard along with the (cough, cough) ivory highlights. :001_rolle

Two weeks in, couple things I've noticed now. First, the skin on my face doesn't seem to like it. I've suddenly gotten 2 pimples more than I have had on my face than I have had since I can't even recall when. While it also maybe a bit early to tell, I'm not sure I like the overall look of a beard on me. lol

I'm almost a week in and not ready to share yet! Never made it past three weeks due to the itch, even with beard oil, hair conditioner and frequent use of moisturiser.

Top Bottom