What's new

My Ebay insanity.

I went a bit bonkers and bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Piece-Ope...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Nobody bid on it so I thought what the hell and made a best offer of $5. The seller accepted it.

Then, I found an auction on a razor lot and bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-4-Vi...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I paid $35 for it.

I'm not out much and really hope that something out of all of it will be good. We'll see...

Meanwhile do any of you have any feedback on just what exactly I've bought?

You did OK. In the lot of 4, the last one on the right is a Single Ring. Clean those bad boys up and put them to work.

You've got a good variety of user grade vintage Gillettes to clean up and try out. I'd say you did reasonable for the money.
First razor is a mutt. Gillette OLD on a Durham handle. Have the same frankenrazor myself. Like the handle weight and ergonomics.

2nd lot you've got a 40s TTO, post war ball end Tech, 70s flair tip, and a single ring. Single will be your oldest. Look for a serial # and we can try to hone in on a year. Look for date codes underneath base of the flair as well.

Those are all pretty mild shavers, so dont be afraid of any of them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Once I get them, I'll do some more detailed photos and some pre-post cleanup (a very GENTLE cleanup) pics as well. And, I'll let everyone know the date codes. I'm really hoping that at least one will end up being a true joy to use - I fully intend to use any of them that are usable. We'll see - none of the pics are as detailed as I would have liked.

Oh, I'm talking about the Gillettes not that strange razor in a tube for travel. I don't know what that thing is and it doesn't look very appealing.

And, thank goodness I don't have anymore winning bids outstanding. I didn't expect to win all that stuff. At least I didn't spend a lot. Hopefully, I'll enjoy using some of them and I'll get some nice cleanups. Somehow I'm smelling a nice PIF being started by me in the future. This is a bit much...

In that second lot, you got 2 Flare Tips, one of which looks pretty clean. Those are great shavers.

Clean 'em all, try 'em all (at least 1 week each to get to know them) and figure out what you like. Then PIF or trade the rest so that others get to enjoy the razors that you didn't like.

I keep trying to get that Durham/old type combo put together but the Durham keeps alluding me. Congrats.

I (and probably lots of others around here) have been in your shoes where you get the bug and end up with several new toys from eBay, Etsy, etc. There have been times where I was thankful somebody outbid me!

If you get it real bad, you can start shipping things to your work address!

linty1

My wallet cries.
wow, i like your haul, i had to acquire each peice separately and added up they cost be a little bit more, I think you did just fine

Add to the haul 100 Voskhods for about $10 delivered and 100 Gillette Nacets for $13 delivered. I like both blades and am now well stocked. I may grab some Gillette Silver Blues but am done on the Bay for a while otherwise. One of the sellers gave me a free upgrade to priority mail for paying fast so a package should be arriving in a couple of days. Look for some further posts with pics in the DE forum in the near future.

And now $15 for 100 Gillette Silver Blues. I'm now set for a long time time and swearing off Ebay for a while.

Lol, this all sounds so familiar. I somehow thought each auction would be more competitive too. Plus even when there was my competitive streak gets me going. I've learned to be much more selective now.

Yep, no more for me. Ebay is entirely too enticing. Some of what I've done will turn out to be a really good deal - especially the blades - assuming they're delivered. The razors may turn out great and a very good deal. Or not. If just two or three are really good, I'll feel good about it.

Top Bottom