What's new

New bourbon thread

In order:
Eagle Rare
EC 12
Evan Williams Single Barrel

The EW is new to me but can't beat the price @ $25, age statement with a full body

Blanton's is my favorite when I can find it but for everyday "sip'in" I go to Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel Jack.

Blanton's is my favorite when I can find it but for everyday "sip'in" I go to Gentleman Jack or Single Barrel Jack.

Yes - Blanton's has been more difficult to find these days. When I called their distributor in Cali I was told although they have become more popular, they have not increased production - presumably to keep the quality their known for. I was gifted a bottle of Blanton's last year and just found it's replacement. The distributor here pointed me to a market nearby that just had a "delivery."

So now the world is right again...

$2016-04-02 at 00-00-00.jpg

Grand Traverse without question (only available in a few places in Michigan). It's been better than everything i've tasted in all price ranges. Their rye is killer, too. So smooth.

Favorite daily drinkers:

Elmer T. Lee
Wild Turkey 101
Woodford
Larceny
Grand Traverse rye is very good. I visited the distillery last summer.

I bought a bottle of the Elijah Craig Small Batch. It is really good. I am enjoying a glass tonight before I crash. It definitely improved after allowing the whiskey to breath. I poured a glass last night and covered it with a napkin. Tonight it is just divine. I know there are those that would be aghast at this method but it is my way. My next bottle will be some four roses

McBrayer 1913. Still have 1/2 bottle left. It comes out on very special occasions with very special people!

Well I obviously loved the flavors of the Elijah Craig, but I picked up a bottle of the Weller Special Reserve today and that is wonderful stuff. It is a wheated bourbon so it is a bit smother than some. It does not have the complexity of the Elijah but it is extremely drinkable. On a side note it is pretty cheap. A 5th was $22 and the half gal was just a tad over $30

Generally it's Woodford. My favorite Woodford is their Masters Collection Maple. I don't get any rye taste in it. Pepper, yes. But have you tried their Rye? :thumbup1: Favorite at any cost? Well I have this bottle of A H Hirsch . . . (I bought it at about $100 bucks so it isn't the most expensive in my cabinet based on purchase price.) I am lucky enough to have more than one Pappy's that are favorites on a given day. I love this question but bourbon is too broad, I think, to have just one favorite. Should I just say the next one is my favorite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom