What's new

Natural Deodorant

Since I've been using the Artisan Shave soap, and it's worked so well, I thought I'd see if anyone had any advice for deodorant. I was thinking of something natural kind and f like the soap. None of the chemicals that the goop has.

Thanks!

Try alum. It comes in many forms, brands. Crystal in readily available in most "health" stores in the US.

proxy.php

Try alum. It comes in many forms, brands. Crystal in readily available in most "health" stores in the US.

proxy.php

I've used Crystal for an Alum Block, but never under the arms. I should get a second one and try it some time. I think it may be considered more of an antiperspirant than a deodorant, although it's labeled as such.

Go for Schmidt's. It is a baking soda deodorant that works fantastically and will not burn your pits if you use the proper amount. Longevity and effecivity are far better than any deodorant I've used (natural or otherwise, this includes alum).

I've used Crystal for an Alum Block, but never under the arms. I should get a second one and try it some time. I think it may be considered more of an antiperspirant than a deodorant, although it's labeled as such.

Nope, it does not stop you from sweating which an antiperspirant does. A deodorant simply covers up the smell. Alum kills the bacteria which prevents your sweat from smelling.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Every natural deodorant I've used either gave me a bad rash or wasn't effective. I've used almost everything mentioned in this thread. I don't use alum deodorants, although I have tried them and found that they didn't actually fight odor for me at all.

I've used the crystal deo for years now due to Aluminium rashes etc in the arm pits, but in the past weeks or so I decided to see what else was out there. I'm having great results with the Body Shops Macca Root deo stick, Holland & Barrett Lavender deo roller ball and for when I'm feeling flush Tabac Stick.

Go for Schmidt's. It is a baking soda deodorant that works fantastically and will not burn your pits if you use the proper amount. Longevity and effecivity are far better than any deodorant I've used (natural or otherwise, this includes alum).

plus 1 Schmidt's is good stuff and a good value. I also like Burts Bee's Outdoors which is a pump spray and Sage scented, that's probably my favorite all time and i've been using it for about three years. Waleeda is also good.

I've tried the Crystal long ago (probably 10 years ago or more) and Tom's of maine along with a few others found in local health stores and none of them worked in fact most intensified any odor. Schmidts , Burts Bees and Waleeda all effectively stop any odor and last all day even in the Arizona summer working outdoors.

+1 I was getting red irritation with Schmidt's until I scaled way back on the amount I used. I have three jars of this stuff. For $8, you get enough to last a year, at least.

I've used and like Kiss My Face and Primal Pit Paste brands. I think I have less sweat with KMF, but neither are 'antiperspirant'.

I use Tom's unscented deodorant stick and then splash some of whatever aftershave I'm using that day on top to create a scented deodorant. Doesn't stop perspiration, obviously (and I'm not sure stopping perspiration is that healthy but I'm certainly no doctor), but it prevents body odor smells over a 10-hour or so office work day for me.

Chagrin Valley Soap and Salve has some good products. They have two types of deodorant (with various scents). One uses baking soda and the other uses clay silk.

I have not personally used their deodorant, but use their shampoo and face bars every day. I love the neem and tea tree bar because it not only works for my hair, but also is pure enough for my face (which can be acne prone). Works wonders.

Just don't go for the shave soap. Not sure why, but they haven't seemed to have mastered that one yet.

Top Bottom